What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Dec 9, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #37,546 of 136,419
Quote:

Animals as Leaders - Weightless 

It's obvious the band members are all talented, but the music just isn't doing it for me. It just simply isn't musical to me. There is no melody, seems more like random noise to me. I like complex stuff, and this is definitely complex, but it all just blends together and just isn't doing anything for me. 

I do get where you come from and why someone would feel like that, while I disagree, it makes sense, and that's what is beautiful about music. I'm at least glad you gave it another chance. This band personally make me feel really "warm" and just give me a sense of happiness, it's indeed not for everyone but it's out of this world for the people that enjoy it

beerchug.gif

Dec 9, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #37,547 of 136,419
BTW, jasonb, how do you like the Q701 with this kind of music? Iv'e seen them locally for about $250

Dec 9, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #37,549 of 136,419
I really enjoy the Q701 a lot with prog rock and prog metal. I know some, maybe most will say the Q701 is not well suited for metal, but I think they are good with any well recorded/mastered music. They are of course fairly neutral, analytical, and very detailed, so any music that is clipped or has crushed dynamics will not sound that good. The Q701 will not hide the flaws in a bad recording. On a good recording they sound great, and on a great recording they sound magical. I think rock and metal sound good on a neutral, and fast headphone. It's all personal preference though. Some people will prefer a warmer signature like the HD650 for rock and metal, but the Q701 is no doubt quicker and a bit more resolving. 

If you are looking for this type of sound signature, the Q701 is a steal at their current price. I got mine for $240 shipped. 
Quote:
BTW, jasonb, how do you like the Q701 with this kind of music? Iv'e seen them locally for about $250

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #37,551 of 136,419
I really enjoyed the previews I just listened to. Thinking about picking up the LPs.

Quote:
I do get where you come from and why someone would feel like that, while I disagree, it makes sense, and that's what is beautiful about music. I'm at least glad you gave it another chance. This band personally make me feel really "warm" and just give me a sense of happiness, it's indeed not for everyone but it's out of this world for the people that enjoy it

beerchug.gif

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #37,552 of 136,419
Now some fresh new ambient/downtempo...

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #37,554 of 136,419
Some jazz tonight.... 

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #37,555 of 136,419
I was just listening to those same tracks earlier today... Birdland is always a fave.

But right now, I am "listening" to the The Burn-in CD by Kharma Legendary Speakers. Well, its playing anyways through my k601s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back