What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Dec 4, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #37,426 of 136,771

Dec 4, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #37,427 of 136,771
Quote:
LOL, I actually just ordered three Vocaloid albums as a Christmas present for myself since it's been a while since I ordered anything from Japan. The fact that ELECTROCUTICA finally ships their albums internationally gave me the spark to do that. I had already given up hope of ever owning a copy of DYE SYNTHESIS -extended- but now that wish will come true in a couple of days.

I've never encountered a record store that sold any Julie London, so I've never heard her music. I'll need to order something online one of these days…

I've never heard of ELECTROCUTICA (but I will check them out when I get the chance), and sadly have never ordered from Amazon.co.jp. Is that where you get most of your imported music CDs from? All I've ever ordered from is YesAsia, and my experience with them has always been positive. I want to order some music CDs from artist like AVTechNO! and a few others and Amazon.co.jp seems like the only place where it's all available.

Julie London has some grand vocals and she is perhaps most notable for her version of Arthur Hamilton's "Cry Me a River". Give her a demo, she's a wonderful artist. I would really compare her to Diana Krall, but she's a bit different. You can order her music off of Amazon, or through iTunes of course. 
smily_headphones1.gif

destroysall.

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #37,430 of 136,771
I should really get the SACD and compare it to my CD rip and my LP. The LP put my current rip on blast. The bass wasn't even a fair fight. The CD cut outright got slaughtered by how real the LP's bassline and drums sounded.

Quote:
I have the SACD by Mobile Fidelity. First audiophile release I ever bought. Good memories. One of my favorite albums as well.

Dec 4, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #37,433 of 136,771

One of the first LPs I bought when I started getting back into it and I hadn't listened to it since getting a respectable vinyl rig up and running. Pretty amazing stuff. Probably the best I've ever heard this album mainly because I tend to be sensitive to it via digital sources. I love it, but it always seemed harsh...not so anymore. 

EDIT: And now Purity Ring. 

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #37,434 of 136,771

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #37,436 of 136,771

Headspace - I Am Anonymous 

Progressive metal at its finest. Great audiophile recording and production as well.

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #37,437 of 136,771
A Rat's Nest- Thom Yorke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back