What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Dec 5, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #37,441 of 136,767

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #37,446 of 136,767
Currently listening to Scott Walker's latest, Bish Bosch, just brought back from the shop (it came out yesterday).
Love the lyrics :

"RACK OFF!
from this ravished
slather!"

"Keep your
vile rattus
small adult
hand
to yourself".

"Take your
turnshoes
and wobble".

"Turnshoes
and wobble".

(...)

Then suddenly,

there's hissing
on the gumbo.

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #37,447 of 136,767

[size=1.8333em] [size=21.600000381469727px]Dave Brubeck - Take Five[/size][/size]

[size=21.600000381469727px]Rip , Dave ...[/size]

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #37,448 of 136,767

Now

Earlier - First listen to this and was fairly underwhelmed. It's just not 'Come Away With Me'

Next

After
--
As all my listening lately...All on vinyl.

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #37,451 of 136,767
Quote:
I've never heard of ELECTROCUTICA (but I will check them out when I get the chance), and sadly have never ordered from Amazon.co.jp. Is that where you get most of your imported music CDs from? All I've ever ordered from is YesAsia, and my experience with them has always been positive. I want to order some music CDs from artist like AVTechNO! and a few others and Amazon.co.jp seems like the only place where it's all available.

Julie London has some grand vocals and she is perhaps most notable for her version of Arthur Hamilton's "Cry Me a River". Give her a demo, she's a wonderful artist. I would really compare her to Diana Krall, but she's a bit different. You can order her music off of Amazon, or through iTunes of course. 
smily_headphones1.gif

destroysall.

Amazon.co.jp is indeed where I've gotten all of my Japanese imports so far. The downside when ordering from there is that the only shipping option they have available (at least that's the case for me) is "international priority shipping" or something like that, and typically it costs me about the price of two CDs, so typically just out of principle I order three or more albums at once so that the cost of the merchandise is greater than the cost of shipping. The good thing about their shipping is that it usually only takes a couple of days for the CDs to get to my front door and every CD so far has been in perfect condition because they've been handled gently by DHL.

ELECTROCUTICA is definitely worth checking out. Treow who composes the music has a very interesting and varied musical language which really appeals to me.

Quote:

Wow, that LP looks gorgeous.

I saw the whole stream live yesterday, but currently I'm listening to this for a second time: http://www.mixcloud.com/otographic/kenji-sekiguchi-nhato-shingo-nakamura-kana-otographic-arts-036-2012-12-04/

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #37,455 of 136,767
Quote:

Now - Norah Jones "Little Broken Hearts"

Earlier - First listen to this and was fairly underwhelmed. It's just not 'Come Away With Me'

Nothing she's done since has been the same style as "Come Away With Me".  Have you heard "The Fall".  Didn't wow me at first listen - but it's an album I really like now.  I agree with you on LBH - hasn't quite gelled with me yet either.  Probably need to spend more time with it ........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back