What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Mar 21, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #24,890 of 137,383
492477.jpg

Killer soul music on Kent/Ace records: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pounds-Soul-Various-Artists/dp/B000088NU7

"It starts with 6 nice funky tracks, the next 7 tracks then being ballads, then back to 5 more funky songs. the next 2 being a little more mellow, then the last 5 winding down as ballads. All in all a very good purchase."

Mar 21, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #24,892 of 137,383

Quote:

Glad you noticed.  Awesome vintage P-Funk.  Amazing how I can post such a rare gem and it goes without getting so much as a nod around here.  Kids these days.  lol 

Believe it or not I picked it up in the used bin at a local music store for about $12  A rare find indeed.  The only other copy I've ever seen in recent history was framed in the record shop, but the vinyl was shot to hell.  My copy had light surface marks and minor surface noise, but it plays fine and sounds great overall.  There was a few listed on ebay recently, but as with any vinyl you buy on ebay the quality is highly questionable as many sellers are quite liberal about condition ratings.  Besides that I honestly don't see this album come up for sale in the used market very often at all.  I suspect that this will only become a more scarce LP to pick up in any condition down the road.  I might just grab an extra just in case.  Happy hunting. 

i guess just not too much funk fan around here at head-fi.  i don't call myself a funk fan or a p funk fan.  i do own a few parliament cds and one george clinton cd though(hey man....smell my finger).  being in Hong Kong sometimes could be a good thing for searching rare cd.  like the hey man ... smell my finger cd.  i got it used from a second hand music shop for like 5 dollars.  great condition. 

Mar 21, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #24,894 of 137,383
Smoking Time Jazz Club - really fun combo that performs very old-fashioned jazz in New Orleans, I bought two CDs from them last weekend before brunch at Stanley. Just wish I could see the two dancers right now :wink:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/smoking-time-jazz-club/113404308685621

Mar 21, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #24,897 of 137,383
Heaven Shall Burn - Iconoclast

Mar 21, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #24,898 of 137,383

Users who are viewing this thread

Back