WHAT ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HEADPHONES EVER MADE? PART ll
Nov 19, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #16 of 121
Yes, it amazes me that people on this thread believe that the L3000 is more beautiful than the Stax SR-007BL. As far as I'm concerned, the Stax is a far more refined and beautiful headphone. It's like comparing a Aston Martin to a Lexus. You don't have to own an Aston to appreciate its beauty. I guess what I didn't figure in here is that this would become a popularity contest and since there are far fewer Stax headphones around, they inevitably will take a back seat to the L3000. Maybe I'm wrong, but if you were to place both headphones side by side and ask the general public which is more beautiful, I believe the Stax would win by a landslide.

Nov 19, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #17 of 121
hd10aui7.jpg

hd4bea1.jpg

hd81lite2av6.jpg

cocobola1ig4.jpg

Nov 19, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #18 of 121
^^^ Yes, those headphones are very beautiful. Unfortunately, if I made room for "mods" and customs on the poll, it would've taken up more choices than I was given. That is why I only stuck to manufacturers models. Those SR225's are to-die-for!

Nov 20, 2008 at 6:36 AM Post #21 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The vote confirms my statement that the L3000 is one of the most beautiful cans
tongue.gif

My hat is off to you. I still can't believe that people would find powder-coated metallic paint on plastic to be beautiful at all. To me it is just cheesy, but the proof is in the numbers. Why the carbon fiber Qualia 010 is behind the L3000 in the poll is beyond me also. So far, however, the L3000 reigns supreme and after a couple of weeks I will post a picture of it in the opening thread as Head-Fi's choice for most beautiful headphone ever made. We will see if it hangs on to that position though, there are a couple others right on its heels.

Nov 20, 2008 at 6:58 AM Post #23 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shortlisted = The ones listed in your OP. You might change that list depending on suggestions, yes?

Well I thought of this also. It seems to me that the headphones that are not doing well in this poll should be dropped at a certain point and another headphone should be given a chance. The problem is the newer headphone will be having to play catch up and once people have voted once then you can't vote again. So even if you think the new choice is the most beautiful headphone ever made, you would be out of luck in terms of voting for it on the poll. The newer headphone would be at a significant disadvantage. Also, I have tried, just to see, if I can change the poll using the advanced settings and I have found out that once I set it, I can't change it. For instance, I didn't really think that the JVC DX1000 was beautiful enough to be on the shortlist. Don't get me wrong, I think it is a beautiful headphone but I felt that it was echoing that of the R-10 and others. That kind of beauty has been done before and perhaps possibly expressed better in other headphones. I also didn't think it wouldn't gather that many votes and sure enough it did not so far. However, the reason it is on the poll is because I was being raked over the coals for it to be on the list. So is this a beauty contest or a popularity contest? I really tried my best to listen to everyone at Head-Fi but there also has to be a certain judgement on my part too. Anyway, if the JVC continues to do poorly I would like to replace it with another headphone but I do not think it is possible. I am not even sure if the webmaster can do it or not. One headphone which I really do not like at all is the L3000. I didn't want to put it on the list but it is sweeping the competition. I do feel it has a little bit of an unfair advantage too because it is on Part ll of the poll and I don't think there are as many heavy hitters on that poll than the original one. It does surprise me though that Audio Technica, at this early stage in the poll, is taking 1rst and 2nd place. To me the Stax offerings are far and away more beautiful though I do like the W11JPN too. Another thought I had is that I think voting for the most beautiful headphone is quite a bit different from voting for the most beautiful car. If I were to do a poll on cars, most people would vote for Aston's, Bentley's, and Ferrari's, all cars which most people don't have but find beautiful. Somehow I get the feeling that headphones are a lot more personal and people are far more inclined to vote for headphones that they own. I think the psychology is quite a bit different than cars. In addition, the high-end of headphones are more attainable than the high-end of cars in terms of cost. I guess what I'm saying in the end is that even though I have absolute standards on what I believe to be the most beautiful headphones in the world, this poll doesn't really account for all the factors that go into making a decision and the results of this poll should be taken with a grain of salt.

Nov 20, 2008 at 11:38 AM Post #24 of 121
No pollster can think of everything!
Impossible to account for everyone's taste.

So, I put my Darth Beyers in a posting here, even though not in the poll itself.
No biggie.

Nov 20, 2008 at 12:29 PM Post #25 of 121
I'm inclined to agree that people are likely to choose headphones with which they're personally familiar (and which they like, for various reasons) as the "most beautiful." This is one reason why I suggested putting up pictures as well as, or instead of, just names. I wonder how many voters even know what ALL the options looked like! I've run experiments on the attractiveness of objects (e.g., cars) and it's never ever occurred to me to use names rather than images.

Nov 20, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #26 of 121
Yes, to put pictures of all 10 headphones on my opening post would take up a tremendous amount of room. I would've like to put pictures on the poll itself but was unable to. Because of the way that polls work here, I can only use text. I will post, however, pictures of the front runners.

Nov 20, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #30 of 121
From this list, I'll pick the L3000.

These "HD540 Reference Gold" Nocturnal posted are reeeeally beautiful though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back