What Are The Most Accurate Full Size Headphones Under 300 USD?
Aug 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

ffdpmaggot

100+ Head-Fier
I have plans on purchasing a pair of Fischer Audio DBA-02 in the relatively distant future (1-2 years) but, I'm starting to find that IEM aren't so comfortable, and I'd really like to get a pair of headphones for home use. My budget is $300, I'm looking for the best overall pair of headphones for the money. I am interested primarily in a set with a flat, extended response. If it won't reduce the sound quality too much, I would really appreciate a pair of closed back, circumaural headphones to reduce more outside noise and prevent my music from disturbing everyone else. The other thing I am looking for is power and the ability to withstand above-average listening volumes from time to time (My listening volume goes from 5 - 50, I usually use 10 - 20 when I'm concentrating on something else and 30 - 40 when I'm actively listening to my music). My last concern is sibilance, my music has a lot of harsh vocals, sibilance completely ruins the music.

Aug 19, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #2 of 47
You can try the K-702 they are very accurate, I use them for mixing and mastering. You'll need some amp / DAC, or sound card. If you're MAC user you can go for the Apogee Duet is a great combo with the 70X.

Aug 19, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #4 of 47

Quote:
You can try the K-702 they are very accurate, I use them for mixing and mastering. You'll need some amp / DAC, or sound card. If you're MAC user you can go for the Apogee Duet is a great combo with the 70X.

You'd have to know the sound of the headphone really well to master with them. I'd be checking via speakers as well before a final master of anything.

I'm not altogether comfortable with the K70X series sound. Certainly not for mastering tbh.

Aug 19, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #7 of 47
Haven't we had this "K701 for mastering" debate before?

Aug 19, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #11 of 47
Oh yeah...forgot AKG was up to "702" now.

They're 1 better!

Aug 19, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #13 of 47
thread hijackus supremus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back