What are the bassiest analytical headphones in the market?
Aug 8, 2011 at 7:45 AM Post #31 of 37
Thank you all for your kind responses..

So If I have to narrow down my list as follows what would you guys recommend out of those? I would select the one that gets the highest preference( I know its a matter of choice and personal preference of sound signature but it would be interesting and important to know what gets the most votes so that I can go ahead and purchase with confidence)

the list is

1.T50
2.HFI 700
3.HD-250 Linear II(
4.LCD-2-cant find on ebay anyway:frowning2:
5.HDJ-2000
6.Shure 840 with bass mod

I do not like to use an amp so I really expect the easy drivability of the device. And also I can increase my budget up to like 400 UD(Denon 7000 or 5000 are way to out of my range :frowning2: )

I hope you guys can still come up with your advice and guide.

The thing is I do not have anywhere to try any of the above devices as I live in a small town so I will be depending on your views and ideas. Last time I read many articles on a bass headsets on this forum and purchased an XB 500 with which I am really satisfied. So I can rely upon you guys.

Please help

Many thanks:)

Rich

Aug 8, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #33 of 37
I'm a bit of a bass head as well, and would like to hear your opinion about my concern. I'm getting a new pair of headphones this weekend, I'm choosing between ATH M50 and Senn HD 25-1 II. All I know is, the M50 is reputable for being a bassy hp, and I know that the senn has a detailed, laid back sound sig. I'm not sure though if it's bassy. I have auditioned the M50s and found that it's a little too bright and sparkly. I have not really auditioned and read about the HD 25-1 II. However, over all, which one do you think I would choose? All inputs will be appreciated! TIA.
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 9, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #34 of 37
people might not believe me but i actually find my sextetts lp can be very bass heavy and can vibrate if using bass tone controls for fun(listening to bass canon from Flux pavilon right now and Mishal Moore - It Ain't Over (Document One Remix) this moment). they can seriously push some air if you want them to but is very well controlled(probably cause the passive radiators act like bass traps).

Aug 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #36 of 37
If price isn't a big issue then definitely get the hd25. Also a big plus if you're going portable. I find the hd25 to be a lot of fun and very easy to listen to. The M50 are a little more laid back.

Quote:
I'm a bit of a bass head as well, and would like to hear your opinion about my concern. I'm getting a new pair of headphones this weekend, I'm choosing between ATH M50 and Senn HD 25-1 II. All I know is, the M50 is reputable for being a bassy hp, and I know that the senn has a detailed, laid back sound sig. I'm not sure though if it's bassy. I have auditioned the M50s and found that it's a little too bright and sparkly. I have not really auditioned and read about the HD 25-1 II. However, over all, which one do you think I would choose? All inputs will be appreciated! TIA.
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #37 of 37
Thanks. Yup, I like portability! After going through the reviews here and there, I've decided. I'll get the HD 25-1 II!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back