What are the bassiest analytical headphones in the market?
Aug 1, 2011 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

richard demery

New Head-Fier
Guys,

What are the bassiest fun and analytical headphones in the market?

I have listend to XB 500 and XB 700 (both not bad but not very analytical) I have also listened to HD 212 (Horrible sound in my opinion )

Please let me know.

Many thanks in advance!!

Rich

Aug 1, 2011 at 5:20 AM Post #3 of 37
I find my ATH-M50s to be pretty bassy and fun, but I don't know about analytical… just ordered the LA7000 (modded Denon D7000) but that's still 12 weeks or so away so can't really compare to that either.

Aug 1, 2011 at 5:21 AM Post #4 of 37
AH-D7000

Aug 1, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #6 of 37
First, why the large letters?

Second, you are looking for a transparent headphone with good bass definition and low end extension?

Third, what do you expect coming from the XB500 and XB700? If you want to 'feel' the bass a studio headphone will not do the trick in most cases. 

My suggestion, try some headphones and get a taste of what you like and dislike but also consider your source. If you listen to a 128kbps file with an analytical headphone expect ear pollution. Lossless is usually the best for analytical headphones thus know for yourself what you want. 

Aug 1, 2011 at 5:33 AM Post #8 of 37
My sources are a desktop computer and an iphone(which I will not be using for monitoring)

Need a pretty good bassy analytical can for music production(bass type of music)

I am a bass lover.. love my XB 500 and sold the XB 700(cos I did not like it)

Looking for a very bassy analytical can.. The can should not be bass shy( that is not the case with XB 500 but its not a analytical can IMO)

HD 212 is really horrible which I had to give to someone else..

What are your recommendations??

Sorry I do not have any place to check cos I live in a small town..

Aug 1, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #10 of 37
Yea usually you have to sacrifice either bass quantity or detail depending on what you're looking for. I'd vote for Ultrasone Pro 900 in this case, V-shaped frequency response would probably suit your needs. EDIT: NVM below $200 hmm... good luck with that. Ultrasone HFI-580 then I say (but these have a less bass quantity than those headphones you've tried and it sounds like you'd want that same bass). For all it's worth ATH-PRO700MK2 has gobs of bass, similar to Sony XB series but it's not a "analytical" headphone, maybe a bit more so than the XB's but you'll have to sacrifice one or the other anyway.

BTW, have you EQ'd your XB500 at all? That would be the first thing I'd do, it improves a lot by a little EQing. What's your source on the computer? Soundcard?

Aug 1, 2011 at 6:29 AM Post #11 of 37
AIAIAI TMA-1

TMA-1 is fairly well balanced, but it does have solid bass punch. Although fun and analytical could be argued as being opposites, the TMA-1 has that chameleon ability to adjust to the music. I guess that makes it relatively neutral, but with a bass emphasis, particularly when the track is bass oriented.  Not as well known as the M50 and others, but based on the OP's requirements I think it would fit the need.

Aug 1, 2011 at 6:36 AM Post #12 of 37
Hi RpGwizard,

What is your opinon on M50?

Is it better than HFI 580?

I have heard M50 is similar to AKG 81 DJ while having an analytical end?

And also, many people recommend SRh 750 DJ?

What are your views on them?

Feel like purchasing M50 since its quite popular on forums in this site..

Please let me know..

Thank you in advance...

Aug 1, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #13 of 37
What it amazing is this may be the first time my neighbor across the way can read what I'm reading on Head-Fi. What is with the hummungus print?
Next time you should put a price limit on your request. I paid about $450.00 usd for my AH-D7000s used. You may want to make one purchase instead of ending up with 5 pairs of crappy headphones that don't do squat.

Aug 1, 2011 at 6:44 AM Post #14 of 37

Quote:

If you're looking for big bass from the M50, especially unamped, then you'll be disappointed. It has good low extension however.

The high-end of those two couldn't be much more different. The M50's high end is quite abrasive and unforgiving, whereas the k81's is soft and gooey.

Aug 1, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #15 of 37

Quote:
Hi RpGwizard,

What is your opinon on M50?

Is it better than HFI 580?

And also, many people recommend SRh 750 DJ?

What are your views on them?

Feel like purchasing M50 since its quite popular on forums in this site..

Please let me know..

Thank you in advance...

First I'd still want to know what source/soundcard or whatever you use on your computer. Also is it an iPhone 4 or 3 GS you have?

M50 probably won't pack the bass punch you're looking for. HFI-580 has a bit more punch, still not necessarily as much as you'd optimally want but at least you'd probably find it "analytical" sounding compared to the XB500.

Like previous poster already said M50 and K81 DJs are quite different. The K81 is quite a bit bassier (especially midbass, the punchy type) however they lose a bit to M50 in bass extension (M50 extends deeper). The highs are also very different, K81 has very dark/smooth highs, similar to XB500 but slightly more so. You can remove the foam insert very easily though which would make them a lot brighter or more of a V-shaped frequency response if that's your thing, I preferred them with the foam inserted though.

SRH750DJ is also a good option yea and the main issue may be comfort and the build quality, the pads are rather shallow and not optimal for every1. Again these don't pack the bass of those you've heard but reasonably close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back