What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Sep 3, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #11,611 of 14,566
Is bifrost 2 "cheap-ass balanced" or "expensive-ass balanced"?

I'm blown away that you got balanced into that chassis. Jotunheim was incredible, of course, but I assumed that it required the "cheap-ass Multibit" to work, and that "expensive-ass Multibit" wasn't possible. Happy to hear that your health is stable (even if you are not).

In general, I find myself settling into my current system as a set of tools, and returning my eye to my music collection. Yggy is of course wonderful, but the money is better spent, ahem, on a condo.

Made an extraordinary pour over this morning at 9.5 on the EK. Not letting all the liquid drip through the dripper is so so so so important. If you let the last bit go through, the whole thing gets this astringent taste. Cut it off while you still have a quarter inch of water over the grounds and thank me later.

If you're looking for things to get for the Schiitr, an EK43 (not S) would be a great addition. Sexy, German, performant.

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #11,613 of 14,566
Sipping siphon made etheopian sidamo. Off the charts good!

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #11,614 of 14,566
To @Baldr and @Jason Stoddard A hearty Hip-hip Hurray! on the first production Sol. No doubt a labor of love, it must feel good to have it finally coming to fruition.

Now, back to the serious.

I was at Trader Joe's the other day and picked up some Columbian Supremo beans. I eschew 12 oz. bags in favor of a bulkier quantity and still cling to the base reference Eight O'Clock as being my personal standard.

Trader Joe's come in at a close second--if we are in the "commercially produced whole bean coffee" category.
Being an "Affordable Audiophile" is often easier than being a full-blown Coffee fiend.

Sep 4, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #11,615 of 14,566
To @Baldr and @Jason Stoddard A hearty Hip-hip Hurray! on the first production Sol. No doubt a labor of love, it must feel good to have it finally coming to fruition.

Now, back to the serious.

I was at Trader Joe's the other day and picked up some Columbian Supremo beans. I eschew 12 oz. bags in favor of a bulkier quantity and still cling to the base reference Eight O'Clock as being my personal standard.

Trader Joe's come in at a close second--if we are in the "commercially produced whole bean coffee" category.
Being an "Affordable Audiophile" is often easier than being a full-blown Coffee fiend.

The Trader Joe's near me also has coffee in cardboard canisters, some of it was Kenya AA which I found to be excellent!

Sep 4, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #11,616 of 14,566
Is bifrost 2 "cheap-ass balanced" or "expensive-ass balanced"?

I'm blown away that you got balanced into that chassis. Jotunheim was incredible, of course, but I assumed that it required the "cheap-ass Multibit" to work, and that "expensive-ass Multibit" wasn't possible. Happy to hear that your health is stable (even if you are not).

In general, I find myself settling into my current system as a set of tools, and returning my eye to my music collection. Yggy is of course wonderful, but the money is better spent, ahem, on a condo.

Made an extraordinary pour over this morning at 9.5 on the EK. Not letting all the liquid drip through the dripper is so so so so important. If you let the last bit go through, the whole thing gets this astringent taste. Cut it off while you still have a quarter inch of water over the grounds and thank me later.

If you're looking for things to get for the Schiitr, an EK43 (not S) would be a great addition. Sexy, German, performant.
Yggdrasil analog 2 is worth every penny. Just sell that grinder and thank me later.

Sep 5, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #11,618 of 14,566
Yggdrasil analog 2 is worth every penny. Just sell that grinder and thank me later.
It doesn't require constant adjustment either. :)

Sep 5, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #11,619 of 14,566
It doesn't require constant adjustment either. :)

LOL. Yeah, I'm a heathen too.

Maybe Mike will chime in when he's back from RMAF and let me know how streaming is for knuckle-draggers.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Sep 5, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #11,620 of 14,566
LOL. Yeah, I'm a heathen too.

Maybe Mike will chime in when he's back from RMAF and let me know how streaming is for knuckle-draggers.
OW0heV8.jpg

Sep 6, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #11,624 of 14,566
As amply demonstrated by all the coffee obsessives on this thread, we do love our rituals...

I thought coffee was just normal behavior. Kind of like using the bathroom (come to think of it coffee causes me to use the bathroom). :astonished:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back