What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Aug 31, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #11,569 of 14,566
This morning's grapefruit was unusually sweet, which helps. But I don't know if I would take coffee with juice - espresso is such a rare, wonderful thing that I find it bends rules that apply more strictly to filter coffee.

I put milk in my espresso from time to time - and chocolate too, if I need an extra incentive to get out of bed and start the day. The espresso/chocolate combo — "marocchino" — is a delicious one, in many ways more insanely great than a mocha

Aug 31, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #11,570 of 14,566
If the coffee is not enough, I add more coffee :L3000:.

Aug 31, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #11,571 of 14,566
I knew a guy who mixed his OJ and coffee. I tried it and it’s surprisingly not bad! Not good enough that I’ve made it for myself that way. I too like my coffee black, no sugar, but I get why he liked it.
Like that scene in Beverly Hills Cop. Would you like a twist? :wink:

Aug 31, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #11,573 of 14,566
Almost as good as the banana in the tail pipe trick!

Aug 31, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #11,574 of 14,566
Since this thread is all about coffee-nerdiness, allow me to add another dimension. For the past year or so we have used Ember heated mugs, which you program to your perfect drinking temperature and it maintains this for up to two hours. I program mine to 130F and the coffee is perfect from pour to the bottom of the mug. They are not for everyone, but we love them. Oh, and nothing goes into my coffee except heat.

IMG_1005.jpg

Aug 31, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #11,575 of 14,566
I, for one, like the Coffee Nerd thread interspersed with Audio Wisdom. A good cup of coffee, whilst reading my emails is something I truly miss when I don't prepare one. Maybe it is in my genes, as my father was an AM-PM daily coffee drinker. (I actually think that within Army regulations, the necessity of a Coffee pot full of strong black coffee is a requirement for Officers and gentlemen)

Through this so-called Audio forum, I have discovered burr grinders, both hand-cranked and electric, and I have found folks who weigh the grounds both before and after. Who Knew? Since my addiction to stereo has pulled me deeper into this coffee subculture, I think it appropriate to have regular coffee updates in my feed. Those with knowledge can either be quiet and hold their secrets, or they can share with the rest of us, the path to Enlightenment and better-brewed beverages

Aug 31, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #11,576 of 14,566
Since this thread is all about coffee-nerdiness, allow me to add another dimension. For the past year or so we have used Ember heated mugs, which you program to your perfect drinking temperature and it maintains this for up to two hours. I program mine to 130F and the coffee is perfect from pour to the bottom of the mug. They are not for everyone, but we love them. Oh, and nothing goes into my coffee except heat.

Dude, you live in Arizona. Why not just set the cup in a window? (JK).

Aug 31, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #11,578 of 14,566
Dude, you live in Arizona. Why not just set the cup in a window? (JK).
Haha! Because then it would get too hot. :)

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #11,579 of 14,566
A shot of espresso and a shot of grapefruit juice on the rocks is insanely refreshing

Don’t @ me
I absolutely agree that the flavors of coffee and grapefruit are excellent together. Coffee and pineapple too. :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back