What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Mar 30, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #10,201 of 14,565
Can't wait to get ultraRendu/LPS-1! Should be Thursday.
Fun times!

Thinking back to when I switched from i-don't-remember-what to the SMS it's the clarity of the music that got enhanced. It became less mushy and more crystalline, in a good way.

I can't wait to hear your impressions!

Mar 30, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #10,203 of 14,565
A new SBooster or Teddy Pardo (which I think I would prefer, although purely based on looks, technically all the PS mentioned are good) was about the same (10% more) as a used LPS-1.

I am very pleased with my Teddy Pardo power supply and would not hesitate to buy another if I needed another linear power supply.

Mar 30, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #10,204 of 14,565
I am very pleased with my Teddy Pardo power supply and would not hesitate to buy another if I needed another linear power supply.
I bought
two sbooster bestoftwoworlds when they were still ‘cheap’ (prices more than doubled) they work and do their thing well but no miracles of course. Bass got slight better definition but building two basstraps in the front corner from floor to ceiling probably more effective and cheaper for sure

Mar 31, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #10,205 of 14,565
I bought a cat....
hqdefault.jpg

Apr 5, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #10,208 of 14,565
ultraRendu and LPS-1, as recommended here, arrived. Setup without problems. Not really time for serious listen yet, but listening from my desk has not given me any "oh-my-god-this-is-so-good" moment yet. Certainly sounds fine. In Roon, looking at the Signal Path, I now no longer see Gumby but only the ultrRendu. Is that how it is supposed to be? Path is Source Qobuz FLAC > ultraRendu RAAT > Output USB Output.

Apr 5, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #10,209 of 14,565
ultraRendu and LPS-1, as recommended here, arrived. Setup without problems. Not really time for serious listen yet, but listening from my desk has not given me any "oh-my-god-this-is-so-good" moment yet. Certainly sounds fine. In Roon, looking at the Signal Path, I now no longer see Gumby but only the ultrRendu. Is that how it is supposed to be? Path is Source Qobuz FLAC > ultraRendu RAAT > Output USB Output.

Roon is talking to the ultraRendu now, not your DAC, so you will no longer see the DAC is the signal path.

Apr 7, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #10,210 of 14,565
Roon is talking to the ultraRendu now, not your DAC, so you will no longer see the DAC is the signal path.
Ok, thanks. It was not "talking" to my DAC before either, I think, it was talking to my PC, which then passed a USB signal to my DAC. That's why I was surprised not to see Gumby in the new set up. As long as it works ...

Apr 7, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #10,212 of 14,565
Ok, thanks. It was not "talking" to my DAC before either, I think, it was talking to my PC, which then passed a USB signal to my DAC. That's why I was surprised not to see Gumby in the new set up. As long as it works ...

Sigh....

Yes, Roon was indeed talking to your DAC before. That is why your DAC showed up in the signal path.

Apr 7, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #10,213 of 14,565
This summer's trip will center on Berlin, with additions on either end in Paris and London. Should be a lot of fun.

Apr 8, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #10,214 of 14,565
Sigh....

Yes, Roon was indeed talking to your DAC before. That is why your DAC showed up in the signal path.
I see, I regret the error of my ways and profusely apologise for exasperating you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back