What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Jan 6, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #9,751 of 14,565
AFAIR Schiit-Europe isn't actually a distributor, it's just a guy who travels to US from time to time and buys stuff in bulk.
Sonority, which is also schiit-europe, is a real but small distributor. Just like Electromod but a little bigger.
I know a few of the people who work there and know it's a real professional organisation.
But as I wrote earlier a bit slow in the schiit.
You can look here what they have.
http://www.sonority-audio.nl/

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #9,753 of 14,565
MySphere has a €100 30-day loan program, exclusive of shipping and fees. If that is more to your taste than New York CanJam in February, you might try it. I've held off for a variety of reasons, but it's one of those cans I suspect might be my holy grail, sufficiently impactful that K1000 would be obsolete, HD800 would be redundant, HE-6 would be inferior, etc. That said, I would happily accept a MySphere loan, should one be on offer.

I'm not one for selling my gear. I've given away a few pieces, but I typically just keep them. The collection isn't large enough that they're a grievous issue from a space point of view, and I don't think the small money I would get from a sale would justify the headache of the process, or the sneaking suspicion that I would like to hear them again someday.

I'll check if my dealer plans to get a MYSHERE in and I can rent from him. Barring that I might look into that 30 day plan. Overall it's just interesting enough to me to feel that a need to give it a good audition. I should probably read up the MYSPHERE thread too!

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #9,756 of 14,565
On sounds like ass – it means I cannot get emotionally involved with the music.

This entire hobby begins and ends with this. It's amazingly easy to lose sight of this too. Now if only it were easier/cheaper/less frustrating to reach this state (emotional involvement) and stay there.......

We're lucky people like you are moving the needle on the subject at least.

Jan 7, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #9,757 of 14,565
AFAIR Schiit-Europe isn't actually a distributor, it's just a guy who travels to US from time to time and buys stuff in bulk.

Schiit Audio Eu is the official retailer for Schiit Audio products in Europe, according to the website:
https://schiit.eu.com/

Mark Dolbear at Electromod did my Yggy A2 upgrade while I waited!
I bought my Yggy from him after having a home demo.
I would recommend Mark unreservedly, based on my personal experience

Jan 7, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #9,758 of 14,565
Schiit Audio Eu is the official retailer for Schiit Audio products in Europe, according to the website:

Same for me :)

Jan 8, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #9,759 of 14,565
I bought all my Schiit from Mark and he has been great every time so I can definitely recommend him as well.

Jan 8, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #9,760 of 14,565

Interesting, all this time I thought Electromod was the only legit retailer in Europe.

I also bought my yggy from Mark and couldn't be more satisfied with the quality of service. Highly recommended store.

Jan 8, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #9,762 of 14,565
I looked at some video`s(/tutorials that shall not ne linked) and the hardware part of the upgrades seems very straight-forward.
I have no idea why the firmware is so tricky. Or isn`t it? Because that would make me very confident that I could swap every board myself.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #9,763 of 14,565
I looked at some video`s(/tutorials that shall not ne linked) and the hardware part of the upgrades seems very straight-forward.
I have no idea why the firmware is so tricky. Or isn`t it? Because that would make me very confident that I could swap every board myself.
The only problems I see on allowing users to flash firmware on a board is 1) users having the proper equipment to connect to the board, and 2) dealing with exposed line voltages, setting up a potential safety issue. If I ran Schiit I'd want to redesign the gear so it could be flashed while assembled (or with the devices powered off) before I allowed that home user capability.

Jan 8, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #9,764 of 14,565
If the only risk is zapping myself...I`d give it a go :)
Bricking it would be worse. I`d be schiitting bricks if you could brick it and not try again.
Do they have something like a rj32 port on the inside?

Jan 8, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #9,765 of 14,565
If the only risk is zapping myself...I`d give it a go :)
Bricking it would be worse. I`d be schiitting bricks if you could brick it and not try again.
Do they have something like a rj32 port on the inside?

Yes, I think that's right, Joshua.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back