What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Jun 25, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #8,506 of 14,565
Better yet, let's DX the trolls ASAP.
"Ignore" works for trolls, those who dominate threads for their own purposes, those with unpleasant attitude, and those whose panties are easily tied into knots. I am certain I am on some ignore lists, and that is just fine. :)

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #8,508 of 14,565
Easy guys. Keep it clean. I read it, ignor it, i have a laugh reading Mr. Moffat’s reply (just like his writing style) and continue waiting for nice Schiit info... oohh yeah the Ragnaroks 230v in black are so tempting to have an order with my name on it....then i hear my wife asking do you really need more amplifiers? Imagine tonight one of the mono amps stops the lovely operation...the led is blinking sometimes. Happy readings to all & keep it nice and breath in one extra time

Jun 25, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #8,510 of 14,565
Easy guys. Keep it clean. I read it, ignor it, i have a laugh reading Mr. Moffat’s reply (just like his writing style) and continue waiting for nice Schiit info... oohh yeah the Ragnaroks 230v in black are so tempting to have an order with my name on it....then i hear my wife asking do you really need more amplifiers? Imagine tonight one of the mono amps stops the lovely operation...the led is blinking sometimes. Happy readings to all & keep it nice and breath in one extra time
Had to jump in only because Derrick Swart is from Portugal. Just back from Portugal and Spain. Man, the Douro River Valley in Portugal is one one of the most beautiful areas I've ever seen. Not the wine or porto talking altho we drank plenty. The countryside is staggering in its vistas and vineyards and small riverside villages. Lisbon is one great city as well.

Now back to warming up the Ragnarok/Yggdrasil stack and listening to tunes.

Jun 25, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #8,511 of 14,565
OK coffee aficionados. I've eschewed serious coffee at home for convenience and now I'm thinking about dipping my toe back in with an inexpensive pour-over. I've tried to cull the recommendations in previous posts and have put together a list of items that are now on my Amazon list. If you coffee gurus could vet the items before I pull the trigger, it would be most appreciated. I've included pricing so you can make any 'in-the-ballpark' suggestions.

Kettle:
  • Cusimax 4-Cup Electric Gooseneck Kettle - Precise Temperature Control Water Kettle for Drip Coffee and Tea - Automatic Shutoff and Keep Warm Function - Stainless Steel, CMCK-100E, 1L ($56)
Dripper:
  • Hario V60 Ceramic Coffee Dripper, Size 02, White ($17)

Filters:

• Hario V60 Paper Coffee Filters, Size 02, 100 count, natural ($6)

Grinder:

• Cuisinart Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill ($51)

Thanks and do let me know if I've overlooked any essential items.

Jun 25, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #8,512 of 14,565
Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #8,513 of 14,565
Excellent point and something I completely overlooked. I have a refrigerator water dispenser that has a filtering system, but I think an under sink system would definitely be the way to go. What are thoughts regarding using the fridge filtered water or even bottled water in the interim?

Jun 25, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #8,515 of 14,565
Excellent point and something I completely overlooked. I have a refrigerator water dispenser that has a filtering system, but I think an under sink system would definitely be the way to go. What are thoughts regarding using the fridge filtered water or even bottled water in the interim?
Think it depends on how terrible your water is. Filtering through the fridge doesn't help with hard water. If you like the taste of the water coming out of your fridge, though, it's likely fine for your coffee.

Jun 25, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #8,516 of 14,565
Think it depends on how terrible your water is. Filtering through the fridge doesn't help with hard water. If you like the taste of the water coming out of your fridge, though, it's likely fine for your coffee.

No hard water here, just a little bit of a smell issue in the summer when lakes turn. Not a big fan of tap water and the fridge water seems OK. The wife and I are going to be re-doing the kitchen and taking up more cooking, so a good under sink filtration system is definitely in the future, but for now I think using HQ fridge filters and changing them a bit more often may be the way to go.

Also, you haven't mentioned beans yet...

Yeah -- Beans and roasting is a whole other discussion that I'll take up once the associated brewing gear is situated. If you care to recommend, we like a bright and mild blend in the mornings and I prefer a strong rich, but smooth blend during the day and evenings -- bordering on espresso but smooth.

Thanks!!

Jun 25, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #8,518 of 14,565
Added to my list. Thanks!!

Jun 25, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #8,519 of 14,565
What are thoughts regarding using the fridge filtered water or even bottled water in the interim?
Well, how does the water taste to you? If you like the taste, then it should be fine for making coffee. Tap water here in San Francisco is actually pretty good compared to most places (it comes from Sierra Nevada mountain reservoirs), but the reverse osmosis filter still made a big difference, removing chlorine and the metallic taste that comes from pipes. The undersink system has been well worth it to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back