What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Feb 20, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #7,126 of 14,565
I know I haven't been around much lately. Nothing personal, so to speak. It seems I have been a bit under the weather lately, which is a very rare thing for me. First I had the torn retina thing, and now I am just getting over a weird skin deal called erythroderma, which is an agressive allergic response to a recent dental antibiotic. It was so bad I was in the hospital a few days but am now home. It feels kinda like a full body sunburn. I am now in the process of losing/sloughing off all of my skin, including my fingers and it is a beyatch to type. The good news is that, for an old fart, all of my vitals are good – heart, etc; this means you are probably stuck with me for quite a while. For now, I feel like Schiit. The docs say it will probably be a week or so more until my skin stops screaming. I'll yak with you then.

Wow. I looked up the photos of "erythroderma" and it does not look like any kind of fun!

Feb 20, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #7,127 of 14,565
Ouch!! I was given an antibiotic once for what the doc thought was strep throat and turned a screaming red color head to toe for a few days. Kept the skin though, so nothing like that.

Glad you are on the mend.

We are holding the fart, I mean fort.

Feb 20, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #7,129 of 14,565
Been there during my two channel days...

Moved from receivers to value-based separates (Phase Linear)...up the chain (GAS / Sumo)...further up (Bryston, Threshold, ARC, etc.). What I learned, was that the speakers were what really mattered (imo).

So...I scaled back to a brand called Forte and started setting up different rooms in my house -- Jazz/Classical, Rock/Blues, HT, etc. For me, I was much happier. This allowed me to enjoy more music with less compromising.

Seems to me...all this back and forth ignores the central point that the purchase of audio equipment is a personal decision:
- you like price/performance specs without listening...awesome!
- you hear 'plankton'...good for you.

Whatever the methodology, hopefully you own it and it's providing you with a more enjoyable music listening experience.

Honestly for me, my budget on a DAC/Amp is more like <=$1000...hence the Bimby/Valhalla 2 combo at one listening station for Senns/Beyers, the iFi Audio iDac/iCan SE at another, etc.

Leaves me plenty of $$$$ to get a variety of headphones with different sound signatures...maximizing my enjoyment! :L3000:

I completely agree about the speakers.

Feb 20, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #7,130 of 14,565
Stop having fun!

This is serious Schiit...:beyersmile:
I I echo echo that that sentiment sentiment....! !

I know I haven't been around much lately. Nothing personal, so to speak. It seems I have been a bit under the weather lately, which is a very rare thing for me. First I had the torn retina thing, and now I am just getting over a weird skin deal called erythroderma, which is an agressive allergic response to a recent dental antibiotic. It was so bad I was in the hospital a few days but am now home. It feels kinda like a full body sunburn. I am now in the process of losing/sloughing off all of my skin, including my fingers and it is a beyatch to type. The good news is that, for an old fart, all of my vitals are good – heart, etc; this means you are probably stuck with me for quite a while. For now, I feel like Schiit. The docs say it will probably be a week or so more until my skin stops screaming. I'll yak with you then.
WHile the cat's away the mice will pick on costanza....:ksc75smile:

Feb 20, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #7,131 of 14,565
Wish you a speedy recovery! And effective distractions until then...

original_get-well-soon-cat-card.jpg

Feb 21, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #7,135 of 14,565
and close relative to the three toed sloth.......:ksc75smile:

three-toed-sloth.jpg

Feb 21, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #7,136 of 14,565
I hope you have a rapid recovery and retain your "thick skin".

Feb 21, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #7,137 of 14,565
and close relative to the three toed sloth.......:ksc75smile:

three-toed-sloth.jpg
Yes but do sloths insist on curling up and sleeping on your Schiit? Perhaps hang from your speakers.

I haven't had time this morning to Wiki it as I'm waiting by the front door for FedEx to deliver my old Yggy with the new analog boards. (Thanks Mike!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back