What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Feb 21, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #7,141 of 14,566
Thanks. That's what I thought but wanted to be sure. I recall now we discussed this a while back. Any thoughts on how well Siberian Forest Cat would pair with an Yggy?

Different cat breeds sitting on the Yggy results in a completely different sound signature....

:)

Feb 21, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #7,143 of 14,566
I would imagine a big difference in the way an Yggy sounds with Constanza versus say maybe this guy...

sphynx_cat_by_sylvana_creation-dacljbx.png

:L3000:

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #7,144 of 14,566
Why do the cat-oholics have to schiit on all the schiit threads?

Take it to Jason's thread where he likes the cat talk.

Feb 21, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #7,146 of 14,566
Staying on topic, we have a 100% pure Schiit cat carving from the altiplano of Bolivia. Yes indeed. It is purely made from Schiit and oven fired by Schiit. At least that's what they told us.

It is pictured below blessing the return of Yggy with new analog boards. Sure hope this procedure works!:darthsmile:
IMG_20180221_150705260~2.jpg

If not for the recent activity of this thread this important aspect of sound reproduction would have been overlooked.

Feb 21, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #7,147 of 14,566
Get well soon @Baldr . And don't worry about this place it is, after all, just a forum not real life.
And Mike, you're in good hands over here...

Norwegian Cat Chasing a Fox.jpg

Feb 21, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #7,148 of 14,566
Staying on topic, we have a 100% pure Schiit cat carving from the altiplano of Bolivia. Yes indeed. It is purely made from Schiit and oven fired by Schiit. At least that's what they told us.

It is pictured below blessing the return of Yggy with new analog boards. Sure hope this procedure works!:darthsmile:

If not for the recent activity of this thread this important aspect of sound reproduction would have been overlooked.
Congratulations! You will love the sound.
Welcome to Mike's new realm of analogue music definition.

Feb 21, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #7,149 of 14,566
Speaking of opera, Semiramide was a little overlong, but all told a great performance. I would have cut a few scenes (the baritone was not as interesting as the tenor, Javier Camarena) but the music was quite rousing. Camarena hit like four high Ds, and the Times shares my assessment. He has a great future ahead of him — I hope he sings Tell.

It's an especially interesting coda on the Baroque opera serial style, with these grand arias recalling Handel and Mozart's Idomeneo. The mezzo who sang Arsace was fantastic, though I'm curious what it would sound like with a countertenor.

Oh right.

EDIT: Just bought a HomePod for kicks. Will surely return in 14 days. Treble is schiit. Even pop sounds veiled.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #7,150 of 14,566
Smsl sa50 + micca mb42x + Dayton sub800 + Amazon echo dot = about $280 and completely wrecks any smart speaker out there, bar none. Unless you want something compact, but don't expect compact to sound good.

Feb 22, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #7,152 of 14,566
Thanks. That's what I thought but wanted to be sure. I recall now we discussed this a while back. Any thoughts on how well Siberian Forest Cat would pair with an Yggy?
Like strawberries and cream

Why do the cat-oholics have to schiit on all the schiit threads?

Take it to Jason's thread where he likes the cat talk.
Feeling catty, are we...?
latest

Feb 22, 2018 at 2:33 AM Post #7,153 of 14,566
And Mike, you're in good hands over here...

My 15 year old cat who is tiny and can barely even jump on the sofa these days chases adult foxes out of the garden still! She does have cat dementia though....

Feb 22, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #7,154 of 14,566
Are you using splitters, or the high level in/out of the sub?

Using the high level in/out. It's alot of wires but it's easy to hide in a sleeve.

Here's an older picture, only difference now is I have some drawers from Ikea instead of the crappy plastic rolling deal.
BDXGwlo.jpg

Feb 22, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #7,155 of 14,566
Using the high level in/out. It's alot of wires but it's easy to hide in a sleeve.

Here's an older picture, only difference now is I have some drawers from Ikea instead of the crappy plastic rolling deal.

Hi, notice you have EITR into MODI MB into Joty. How much difference did Eitr make to the setup, assuming you had the Modi/Joty combo before it?
I have the same, and have horrible USB noise (older PC, probably need to update!) so am using Toslink at the moment. Interested in your experience with Eitr.
Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back