What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Nov 7, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #5,410 of 14,566
It has been some time since I have weighed in here, so here ya go, a potpourri of interconnected topics:

How about I open with a general statement of other manufacturers, as well as general comments on our industry. Please excuse my mentioning the obvious, which is that there are those who build equipment for audiophiles, and those audiophiles who buy it. Those who make the gear build either what they like, or what they perceive their clients do. The clients will buy what they want to, or in some cases what their opinion leaders want them to buy. Without either makers or clients there is no audio business, period. (There is also no biz without musicians producing music to be reproduced, but that is a topic for another post.) This defines a mutual dependency between users and producers as well as the far less frequently considered dependencies of makers on other makers, and users on other users. The more users, the more room there is for makers. Lower priced gear brings in more users which permit more lower priced products and so on.

Neither Schiit nor any other company could not survive without competing companies; how can one organize a show, for example, without multiple makers? Create a paper or online "magazine" site for one maker? Those makers of gear, particularly those who have been around for a while are, to a greater or lesser extent, doing more right things than wrong ones. They are also, whether they realize it or not, my complicit "brothers in manufacturing". We need each other to survive. For that reason, I never have anything to say about any other manufacturer or any other manufacturer's gear, be it a somebody's new digital filter, new analog stage, etc. Ever. Note this does not constrain whatever design opinions I may hold, only my opinion of other's specific application of same.

Now some manufactures (also users) are a$$holes, and the greatest majority are not. Decades in this biz has taught me so. Now if I treat a nice person like an a$$hole, I am usually in far more trouble than the other way around. As those who may have read some of my more vituperative comments may realize, I am usually not nice to those I have adjudged to be true, card carrying, long term a$$holes. My default position, however, is to treat everyone as nice until I learn otherwise. Life is easier that way. I am getting older.

Similar comments apply to trust – I have found in this biz that far fewer residents in the audio arena are not worthy of trust than those who are. An initial attitude of non-trust will cause far more harm than good, definitely not just in a biz sense.

I saw on the Mimby thread that some user, referring to a Modi Multibit really believed that it had a built in "bait and switch" - a purposely gimped USB section designed to sell Eitrs for a double sell. He had no idea of how much work went into a Multi-Modi to bring the cost of a multibit down that low. Not that I am looking for sympathy; the Multi-Modi is one of our most popular products, ever. He reminds me of a theatre friend of mine named Will from years ago who could never trust women. He found something duplicitous with every lady he involved himself with until he married a complete beeyatch – they deserved themselves until he screwed many of her best friends, one of whom gifted him with a social disease. My observation is that those who do not trust not only cannot trust themselves, but are cannot be trusted by others.

On experts in this thread, either self appointed or genuine. Note I refer to this thread, which has the advantage of being far less censored than others on this forum. Those who opine on this thread generally have opinions on a variety of matters, which are well tolerated here. Now there are those who will come across as not liking tubes, FETs, analog, Jazz, opera, or whatever that is not another manufacturer specific. If one is being repetitive, there generally will be an obvious agenda. If one chooses to be an a$$hole, I let the post stay, forever up for the world to behold. A true idiot will not edit his post and deserves the infamy. In all of the time I have been blogging here, I have only removed two posts, one which was incoherent and incomprehensible, and one which was blatantly racist.

Some have told me, why don't you censor the post that puts you down? What if someone else googles and finds it later? Why treat your clients as idiots? It is very easy for the informed and astute to spot trolls, shills, self-appointed experts, and anti-shills on this forum. Here they all amateurs. The experts are all on Amazon writing reviews and making money.

Snowflakes who only tolerate what they want to hear may choose to move to another thread. There have been those who reported what they have read here and all posts have stood with the exception of the two above. There are almost 5500 posts on this thread so some may not be what all want to hear. There are even guidelines somewhere for those who will RTFM.

Seriously, though, I want to thank all who post here – without you there is no thread. Thanks as well to the trolls, shills, self-appointed experts, and anti-shills for your comic relief at your expectations to be taken seriously.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 7, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #5,411 of 14,566
…Thanks as well to the trolls, shills, self-appointed experts, and anti-shills for your comic relief at your expectations to be taken seriously.
This is such a well expressed thought I simply must borrow it and apply it where needed. Of course full credit will be given, as is indeed proper.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

JJ

Nov 7, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #5,412 of 14,566
(snip)

Seriously, though, I want to thank all who post here – without you there is no thread. Thanks as well to the trolls, shills, self-appointed experts, and anti-shills for your comic relief at your expectations to be taken seriously.
Hey, you can't pin that one on me......:triportsad: Except the ones on the YGGY, that is....:ksc75smile:...!!!

Nov 7, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #5,413 of 14,566
It has been some time since I have weighed in here, so here ya go, a potpourri of interconnected topics:

How about I open with a general statement of other manufacturers, as well as general comments on our industry. Please excuse my mentioning the obvious, which is that there are those who build equipment for audiophiles, and those audiophiles who buy it. Those who make the gear build either what they like, or what they perceive their clients do. The clients will buy what they want to, or in some cases what their opinion leaders want them to buy. Without either makers or clients there is no audio business, period. (There is also no biz without musicians producing music to be reproduced, but that is a topic for another post.) This defines a mutual dependency between users and producers as well as the far less frequently considered dependencies of makers on other makers, and users on other users. The more users, the more room there is for makers. Lower priced gear brings in more users which permit more lower priced products and so on.

Neither Schiit nor any other company could not survive without competing companies; how can one organize a show, for example, without multiple makers? Create a paper or online "magazine" site for one maker? Those makers of gear, particularly those who have been around for a while are, to a greater or lesser extent, doing more right things than wrong ones. They are also, whether they realize it or not, my complicit "brothers in manufacturing". We need each other to survive. For that reason, I never have anything to say about any other manufacturer or any other manufacturer's gear, be it a somebody's new digital filter, new analog stage, etc. Ever. Note this does not constrain whatever design opinions I may hold, only my opinion of other's specific application of same.

Now some manufactures (also users) are a$$holes, and the greatest majority are not. Decades in this biz has taught me so. Now if I treat a nice person like an a$$hole, I am usually in far more trouble than the other way around. As those who may have read some of my more vituperative comments may realize, I am usually not nice to those I have adjudged to be true, card carrying, long term a$$holes. My default position, however, is to treat everyone as nice until I learn otherwise. Life is easier that way. I am getting older.

Similar comments apply to trust – I have found in this biz that far fewer residents in the audio arena are not worthy of trust than those who are. An initial attitude of non-trust will cause far more harm than good, definitely not just in a biz sense.

I saw on the Mimby thread that some user, referring to a Modi Multibit really believed that it had a built in "bait and switch" - a purposely gimped USB section designed to sell Eitrs for a double sell. He had no idea of how much work went into a Multi-Modi to bring the cost of a multibit down that low. Not that I am looking for sympathy; the Multi-Modi is one of our most popular products, ever. He reminds me of a theatre friend of mine named Will from years ago who could never trust women. He found something duplicitous with every lady he involved himself with until he married a complete beeyatch – they deserved themselves until he screwed many of her best friends, one of whom gifted him with a social disease. My observation is that those who do not trust not only cannot trust themselves, but are cannot be trusted by others.

On experts in this thread, either self appointed or genuine. Note I refer to this thread, which has the advantage of being far less censored than others on this forum. Those who opine on this thread generally have opinions on a variety of matters, which are well tolerated here. Now there are those who will come across as not liking tubes, FETs, analog, Jazz, opera, or whatever that is not another manufacturer specific. If one is being repetitive, there generally will be an obvious agenda. If one chooses to be an a$$hole, I let the post stay, forever up for the world to behold. A true idiot will not edit his post and deserves the infamy. In all of the time I have been blogging here, I have only removed two posts, one which was incoherent and incomprehensible, and one which was blatantly racist.

Some have told me, why don't you censor the post that puts you down? What if someone else googles and finds it later? Why treat your clients as idiots? It is very easy for the informed and astute to spot trolls, shills, self-appointed experts, and anti-shills on this forum. Here they all amateurs. The experts are all on Amazon writing reviews and making money.

Snowflakes who only tolerate what they want to hear may choose to move to another thread. There have been those who reported what they have read here and all posts have stood with the exception of the two above. There are almost 5500 posts on this thread so some may not be what all want to hear. There are even guidelines somewhere for those who will RTFM.

Could you please consider adding telephone support and significantly increased email support? Thank you. Respectfully, a "satisfied customer" who desires to be a "more satisfied customer".

Nov 7, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #5,414 of 14,566
Hi Mr. Moffat, I just wanted you to know I think your company is really cool and I like your products. I am a 25 year old who probably fits your target demographic to T so take what you will from that. I've never bought anything from your company before and I decided on the Yggdrasil. I hope it improves my listening experience a lot. Based on most feedback I believe it certainly will. Good luck with things and sorry about all the a$$holes who give you a hard time. You'd think people would show respect to their elders! If there's one thing that I was taught growing up and was beaten (literally) into my head it was that. I hope to pickup a Vidar at some point as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back