What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Sep 19, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #11,707 of 14,566
Been traveling for the last two weeks. Heading home today, which is a good thing since my stash is running low...
I've seen quite a few recommendations here for the Aeropress as a travel solution, I wonder has anyone tried a Delter Coffee press yet?
I saw it on product design program on the TV and wondered how it compared in this OCD coffee brewing world :smile::coffee:

Personally I'm limited to instant as that doesn't trigger other's allergies :rolling_eyes:

maybe if I had a small quick to use device I could sneak a real coffee occasionally.

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #11,708 of 14,566
I'm pretty sure with the right process you could make tires out of Nescafe.

I thought Nescafe was made from tires, and can be made back into tires.

Sep 20, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #11,709 of 14,566
The biggest problem with travel is the grinding. I HATE hand grinders. This close to getting a niche zero for next summer.

Sep 20, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #11,710 of 14,566
The biggest problem with travel is the grinding. I HATE hand grinders. This close to getting a niche zero for next summer.

^ This
I love my Aeropress, but having to grind by hand in the hotel is tedious at 5am.
I'd take a powered one, but luggage weight restrictions.
So I buy known fresh beans now, and have them ground at purchase, and use them within the next five days.
Not ideal, but gets me close :)

(I know, first world problems)

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #11,711 of 14,566
^ This
I love my Aeropress, but having to grind by hand in the hotel is tedious at 5am.
I'd take a powered one, but luggage weight restrictions.
So I buy known fresh beans now, and have them ground at purchase, and use them within the next five days.
Not ideal, but gets me close :)

(I know, first world problems)

I've heard you can put Nescafe in a Aeropress and it will taste better.

Sep 20, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #11,712 of 14,566
I don't understand what you mean by this... There are many, many different options in the Apple infrastructure for these tasks.
On my iPhone i regularly use Viber and WhatsApp for messages and have about a dozen different camera apps (but only really use 3 or 4 frequently)
For email, I have yet to find one that works as well *for me* as the default app, but there are many options there too. :)

Also my iPhone sounds great with with my Oppo HA-2..... just to keep audio in the thread !!

For email on an iPhone, try Edison. It’s what I use to separate my work email (on the standard app which is where my company puts it) from my personal email (which is on Edison).

Sep 20, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #11,713 of 14,566
I thought Nescafe was made from tires, and can be made back into tires.

Yes, but high quality tires from small batch tire growers.

Sep 20, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #11,714 of 14,566
Been traveling for the last two weeks. Heading home today, which is a good thing since my stash is running low...
nice that old outlook version, getting used to my recently updated 365 version :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back