What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Sep 20, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #11,716 of 14,566
i think nestle is one of the worst companies in the world

Oh c'mon, just because they want to make as much money as possible and don't care if people are injured or die in the process? They're just being good capitalists.

/s

Sep 20, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #11,718 of 14,566
I don't understand what you mean by this... There are many, many different options in the Apple infrastructure for these tasks.
On my iPhone i regularly use Viber and WhatsApp for messages and have about a dozen different camera apps (but only really use 3 or 4 frequently)
For email, I have yet to find one that works as well *for me* as the default app, but there are many options there too. :)

Also my iPhone sounds great with with my Oppo HA-2..... just to keep audio in the thread !!

Last one from me about this topic:
You're right, I failed to explain my point:
Of cause there are many apps for the same job.
But try to install a different app store, e.g. with only open source apps. Or install a camera app which only accesses the hardware camera and the storage device. You won't succeed. Is this important? For most people not, convenience kills freedom in the end. I like to have the choice which company gets my data. And as long as a smartphone operation system is free, I know for sure that I'm paying it with my data and a 24h surveillance.
As a side note, I stumbled across the privileges of the Google Calendar (if you use something different, replace the name, it'll be the same). I though: What the heck, why do they want to have access to all hardware parts/data? Now I'm using a free calender, and of course I'm missing some things like the easy way of sharing appointments, because everybody uses Google or apple calendars. But I know that convenience kills freedom. (Don't get me wrong, IPhones are great phones.)

Concerning Windoze, as somebody mentiones it: I hate it, too. I'm an exotic guy in IT things, I'm using Linuxmint. Nobody spying in me, great UI, robust like nothing else, fast like hell (heaven?). And of cause, if I want to make measurements on my new diy amp, I have to boot to Windows for the software. Nothing is perfect.

Concerning reliability:
If you read articles for the PC industry, you'll find out that the capability of repairing a Notebook differs hugely among the common brands.
There is a problem with a high probability to fix the complete problem, if they are not successful they differ in the amount of repairing attempts, they differ immensely in the time to do so.
Resume:
There are 2 brands which excel in this regard, the other brands following with a huuuge gap:
Lenovo, Dell Business, HP Business.
The rest also produces nice Notebooks, but pray that they don't brake.
Disclaimer: These are statistics. Personal experiences WILL differ, as long as you don't have 200 notebooks at home.

Back to music.
All have a great weekend!

Sep 20, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #11,719 of 14,566
Tomorrow going to see Hadestown. Gotta keep the exposure to real music up-to-date.

My daughter's doing again...

Sep 20, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #11,720 of 14,566
The biggest problem with travel is the grinding.
Grew up with short espresso shots, try to travel where I can get enough (not Chile, but the volcanoes are so cool!) Not always great espresso, but whatever. I reserve my budget and carry on space for a great DAP loaded with favorite music and excellent IEMs. Good coffee is preferred, but everything else matters too.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #11,722 of 14,566
I am an Apple user (multiple desktops, iPads, iPhones and MacBook) and a Schiit user. I think they have a lot in common: a customer first ethos, high quality products, limited tolerance for bull and are great storytellers.

I guess you had in mind pricing, and there are differences, but talk value and the equation shifts IMHO.

Cheers
I like the customization of my AndroidOS... the sheer tweakability of my MintOS (on my elderly laptops and [soon to be unsupported Windows 7 desktop])... my Chromebook's seemless integration as a uber-browser and accessing Google For Education (gapps.yrdsb.ca) and the sheer just-get-the-***-job-doneness iOS of my iPad and iPhone.

...HOW TO FIX A COMPUTER (BY THE OATMEAL)... IT'S VERY SFW...
:ksc75smile:

Sep 21, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #11,723 of 14,566
Sep 21, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #11,724 of 14,566
Sep 21, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #11,725 of 14,566
Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #11,727 of 14,566
Just read the plot on Wikipedia. Definitely out there.
...mind you, I do like the scene where Jack Ritter's character pops into a demonic episode of Three's Company... he screams in horror (breaking the 3rd wall)... and switches channels.

Sep 22, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #11,728 of 14,566
...mind you, I do like the scene where Jack Ritter's character pops into a demonic episode of Three's Company... he screams in horror (breaking the 3rd wall)... and switches channels.

You're helping me remember why I don't watch TV much anymore.

Sep 22, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #11,729 of 14,566
Cafés con piernas don't serve espresso?
I may be a bit of a prude but I prefer my espresso less suggestive. In any case, remote Southern Chile is not Santiago, fortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back