1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)

Discussion in 'Mike Moffat (Baldr)' started by baldr, Oct 13, 2015.
First

Back
772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781
783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792
Next

Last
  1. Derrick Swart
    i think nestle is one of the worst companies in the world

2. RickB
    Oh c'mon, just because they want to make as much money as possible and don't care if people are injured or die in the process? They're just being good capitalists.

/s

thebmc, US Blues and S-S-MR like this.
  3. Tim van der Leeuw
    Affirmed, I also like Edison.

Timster and Jheal like this.
  4. MatthiasP
    Last one from me about this topic:
    You're right, I failed to explain my point:
    Of cause there are many apps for the same job.
    But try to install a different app store, e.g. with only open source apps. Or install a camera app which only accesses the hardware camera and the storage device. You won't succeed. Is this important? For most people not, convenience kills freedom in the end. I like to have the choice which company gets my data. And as long as a smartphone operation system is free, I know for sure that I'm paying it with my data and a 24h surveillance.
    As a side note, I stumbled across the privileges of the Google Calendar (if you use something different, replace the name, it'll be the same). I though: What the heck, why do they want to have access to all hardware parts/data? Now I'm using a free calender, and of course I'm missing some things like the easy way of sharing appointments, because everybody uses Google or apple calendars. But I know that convenience kills freedom. (Don't get me wrong, IPhones are great phones.)

Concerning Windoze, as somebody mentiones it: I hate it, too. I'm an exotic guy in IT things, I'm using Linuxmint. Nobody spying in me, great UI, robust like nothing else, fast like hell (heaven?). And of cause, if I want to make measurements on my new diy amp, I have to boot to Windows for the software. Nothing is perfect.

Concerning reliability:
    If you read articles for the PC industry, you'll find out that the capability of repairing a Notebook differs hugely among the common brands.
    There is a problem with a high probability to fix the complete problem, if they are not successful they differ in the amount of repairing attempts, they differ immensely in the time to do so.
    Resume:
    There are 2 brands which excel in this regard, the other brands following with a huuuge gap:
    Lenovo, Dell Business, HP Business.
    The rest also produces nice Notebooks, but pray that they don't brake.
    Disclaimer: These are statistics. Personal experiences WILL differ, as long as you don't have 200 notebooks at home.

Back to music.
    All have a great weekend!

5. artur9
    Tomorrow going to see Hadestown. Gotta keep the exposure to real music up-to-date.

My daughter's doing again...

6. earnmyturns
    Grew up with short espresso shots, try to travel where I can get enough (not Chile, but the volcanoes are so cool!) Not always great espresso, but whatever. I reserve my budget and carry on space for a great DAP loaded with favorite music and excellent IEMs. Good coffee is preferred, but everything else matters too.[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  7. Timster
    Thanks, I will check it out!

Tim van der Leeuw likes this.
  8. ScubaMan2017
    I like the customization of my AndroidOS... the sheer tweakability of my MintOS (on my elderly laptops and [soon to be unsupported Windows 7 desktop])... my Chromebook's seemless integration as a uber-browser and accessing Google For Education (gapps.yrdsb.ca) and the sheer just-get-the-***-job-doneness iOS of my iPad and iPhone.

...HOW TO FIX A COMPUTER (BY THE OATMEAL)... IT'S VERY SFW...
    :ksc75smile:

9. ScubaMan2017
    It might just be the caffeine talking, but your post made me think about a scene from the bizarre 1992, black-comedy movie, Stay Tuned. Different Strokes, indeed. :triportsad:

10. SpeakerBox
    Just read the plot on Wikipedia. Definitely out there.

11. rkw
    "Tim Burton was originally chosen to be the director on account of his art and style, but left to direct Batman Returns."

A great "what if" scenario. It's perfect material for Tim Burton and he could have made it a cult classic.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    SpeakerBox likes this.
  12. rkw
    Cafés con piernas don't serve espresso?

earnmyturns likes this.
  13. ScubaMan2017
    ...mind you, I do like the scene where Jack Ritter's character pops into a demonic episode of Three's Company... he screams in horror (breaking the 3rd wall)... and switches channels.

14. SpeakerBox
    You're helping me remember why I don't watch TV much anymore.

ScubaMan2017 likes this.
  15. earnmyturns
    I may be a bit of a prude but I prefer my espresso less suggestive. In any case, remote Southern Chile is not Santiago, fortunately.

Ableza and bosiemoncrieff like this.
First

Back
772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781
783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792
Next

Last