What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Sep 2, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #1,036 of 14,566
  Now for something completely different.  BOLO for a new vanguard of fuglytivity brought to your neighborhood by none other than Schiit Audio.  It is difficult, no impossible for me to express how repulsive the aesthetics (lack thereof) of this product are.  In true "Schiit rolls downhill" fashion, it will be users of our Magni/Modi sized products necessarily targeted.  I have dubbed it Cthulhu.   It clearly argues function trumps aesthetics by a wide margin.  It is a veritable home wrecker.  Mine will be installed covered by at least three bags, lest two break.  This visual abomination is entirely Jason's doing.  It is truly stunning.

Back to the toilet paper roll enclosure idea?
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #1,042 of 14,566
This thing is so ugly they had to resort to Lovecraft, and not Norse, mythology.

I almost get the sense that its repulsiveness will break the Internet so, @Baldr, please refrain from posting images!

But, feel free to post a WAV of its beautiful siren song...

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #1,044 of 14,566
With its almost complete assciation with cancer, I see nothing clever or funny with your use of the word "metastisizing" in reference to a hi fi product. I think your post just signed me off of this forum and this company.

Sep 3, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #1,047 of 14,566
^ My sympathies too.

In one of my professional roles I work with oncology services as well as having seen my wife's parents die painfully of cancer.
At the same time, I am entirely sure Mike meant no offence with his use of the term. No comfort, but language - words and their meanings - evolves in just this way.

Again, my sympathies...

Sep 3, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #1,049 of 14,566
  Now for something completely different.  BOLO for a new vanguard of fuglytivity brought to your neighborhood by none other than Schiit Audio.  It is difficult, no impossible for me to express how repulsive the aesthetics (lack thereof) of this product are.  In true "Schiit rolls downhill" fashion, it will be users of our Magni/Modi sized products necessarily targeted.  I have dubbed it Cthulhu.   It clearly argues function trumps aesthetics by a wide margin.  It is a veritable home wrecker.  Mine will be installed covered by at least three bags, lest two break.  This visual abomination is entirely Jason's doing.  It is truly stunning.

And at that very hour, Number Five study--'prep.' thrown to the winds--were toiling inspiredly at a Tar Baby made up of Beetle's sweater, and half-a-dozen lavatory-towels; a condemned cretonne curtain and, ditto, baize table-cloth for 'natal stuffin'; an ancient, but air-tight puntabout-ball for the head; all three play-box ropes for bindings; and most of Richards' weekly blacking-allowance for Prout's House's boots, to give tone to the whole. 
  'Gummy!' said Beetle when their curtain-pole had been taken down and Tar Baby hitched to the end of it by a loop in its voluptuous back. 'It looks pretty average indecent, somehow.'
  'You can use it this way, too,' turkey demonstrated, handling the curtain-pole like a flail. 'Now, shove it in the fireplace to dry an' we'll wash up.'
  'But--but,' said Stalky, fascinated by the unspeakable front and behind of the black and bulging horror. 'How come he lookee so hellish?'
  'Dead easy! If you do anything with your whole heart, Ruskin says, you always pull off something dam'-fine. Brer Terrapin's only a natural animal; but Tar Baby's Art,' M'Turk explained.
  'I see! "If you're anxious for to shine in the high aesthetic line." Well, Tar Baby's the filthiest thing I've ever seen in my life,' Stalky concluded. 'King'll be rabid.'

Stalky and Co. -- The United Idolators -- Rudyard Kipling.

Sep 3, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #1,050 of 14,566
The same from me - as a cancer survivor of two different forms of (Squamous cell, prostate) cancer - I lost three members of my family to the disease.  It never occurred to me that anyone could be cut this deeply.  Nor was the word intended to imply anything other than undesired proliferation.  Nor did it ever occur to me that I was pointing "cancer jokes" at myself, much less anyone else.  As a Vietnam Veteran, my "trigger warning" was taking shrapnel, and my "safe space" was the hospital.  If I were to agonize over never offending anyone, I would neither create products nor say anything at all.  I am sorry for your loss and I regret the fact that you found this word so offensive - but I will not remove it from my vocabulary.

In this forum I stand for free speech; I have only deleted one post; that one only because it was incoherent.  Neither myself nor my posters will be forced into a Galt's Gulch because of censorship, other than the guidelines established by the forum.  I am particularly grateful to this forum for the information it provides.  I have no desire to offend anyone; nor is anyone compelled to read this thread nor buy our products.

My best regards to you, @TGeorgeL.  Really!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back