What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Mar 13, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #7,261 of 14,566
I live in Florida. What's a dress code?

I live in Florida too. There is no dress code. Folks wear flip-flops to church....

:)

Mar 13, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #7,263 of 14,566
Mar 13, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #7,264 of 14,566
IMG_20180313_120130656~2.jpg
A beautiful day here in Florida, perfect for sitting in the sun and catching up on this thread while the wife works on her tan. Clear and 63°....

Mar 13, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #7,265 of 14,566
Heading to 80 today in Phoenix... The way I know the season is changing here is when it gets a little too chilly in the morning for shorts and sandals, that means winter has arrived, and when the jeans and sneakers start to get a little warm, that means summer is here.

Mar 13, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #7,266 of 14,566
What is the dress code these days for San Francisco specifically?

For the Symphony or Opera, Who tie-dyes are big this year.

Mar 13, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #7,269 of 14,566
The rain in San Francisco is interfering with my bicycle commute. Miffed that Argerich cancelled her program with Perlman this friday. But I'm seeing Coplan 3 on Saturday so w/evs.

Mar 13, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #7,270 of 14,566
Heading to 80 today in Phoenix... The way I know the season is changing here is when it gets a little too chilly in the morning for shorts and sandals, that means winter has arrived, and when the jeans and sneakers start to get a little warm, that means summer is here.

I thought the official start of summer in southern Arizona was when I open a door to go outside and the heatwave hits me like a blast furnace, when it was a pleasant, warm breeze yesterday.

Mar 13, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #7,271 of 14,566
In San Francisco you can go in drag and it wouldn't be a big deal.

Same in Los Angeles - I go in sneakers and polo shirts, both to the Chandler and Disney Hall - right now they are just happy to get butts in the seats - then I again that's me and I am just happy it doesn't matter - apologies to people who think like that, but "part of the fun is dressing up" makes no sense to me. I have heard it in different contexts and always find it non-sensical... maybe because to me dressing up is torture...

[EDIT] Just wanted to say more... I do see people that dress up, so the contrast can be funny. Me in my sneakers and polo shirts and the couple next to me in a gown and tuxedo... Now, apologies for being smug, but with my father instilling the love of classical music since I have memory and even before, my easily 5000+ classical CD collection (plus the LPs), IMHO I feel like I belong more than that couple embodying the cliches of "a night at the opera" (the concept, not the movie or the queen album).

v

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #7,272 of 14,566
A less than positive take on MQA from Stereophile. The comments are well worth a read too.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/mqa-benefits-and-costs

(Life was so much simpler when I first got interested in music, we played records at home, made tapes for the car, and tuned into the radio to find something new.)

Mar 13, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #7,273 of 14,566
A less than positive take on MQA from Stereophile. The comments are well worth a read too.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/mqa-benefits-and-costs

(Life was so much simpler when I first got interested in music, we played records at home, made tapes for the car, and tuned into the radio to find something new.)

Reading the comments in that article someone mentions major record labels owning a stake in MQA and that's not good.

I sure hope MQA doesn't become the standard. I have no intention of buying MQA anything and will stick with buying CD"s.

Mar 13, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #7,275 of 14,566
Anything more than shorts and flipflops...
In some parts of Florida, it is clothing optional. Since I lived in central Florida for over 40 years, the laid back dress code is common. For example, a dress up for me might be a dress shirt, Dockers pants, a blazer but definitely NO tie. Dressy enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back