What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Mar 15, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #7,292 of 14,564
Mar 15, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #7,294 of 14,564
Scroll down to the 432 Player for Windows.

Mar 15, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #7,295 of 14,564
What licensing fees, if any, come with making an ordinary red book? What power do Philips and IEC have in controlling the standard?

Mar 15, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #7,297 of 14,564
Honestly I just wish Bob Stuart and Meridian would just **** off, seriously. I will vote with my $. I will not own anything Meridian or MQA neither software or hardware. The MQA business model is insidious.
+infinity. I couldn’t find the sideways “8” on my keyboard.... lossy files with DRM as the new “reference” quality? Fill him with vinegar and water, and keel haul the b*st*rd!

Mar 16, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #7,301 of 14,564
Just downloaded it onto my iPhone and listening to the Harnoncourt Beethoven 1. I hear no audible distortion, but of course the Klipsch powered monitors have a way of disguising weaknesses in the signal path. My students will never again have to suffer the tyranny of A=440! However, I have no means at present of getting my iPhone into a multibit dac, and thus no way of listening to the sound via the more ruthless HD800.

Mar 16, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #7,302 of 14,564
Just downloaded it onto my iPhone and listening to the Harnoncourt Beethoven 1. I hear no audible distortion, but of course the Klipsch powered monitors have a way of disguising weaknesses in the signal path. My students will never again have to suffer the tyranny of A=440! However, I have no means at present of getting my iPhone into a multibit dac, and thus no way of listening to the sound via the more ruthless HD800.

I sometimes drive my HD800S directly from my iPod Touch and the sound isn't as offensive as one might expect. :)

Mar 16, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #7,303 of 14,564

Even directly from my iPhone and also routed via Bluetooth to my car’s stereo, can hear a subtle but interesting difference with this app engaged. Can’t listen critically, but as Mr Spock would say....... Fascinating.

Mar 16, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #7,304 of 14,564

ipad.png

If you can stomach forking over $40 for the USB3 to Lighting adapter, here I'm building out an app that can stream (or download) from LMS and play flac directly (iOS11 can play it natively now) --> works great going into gen5.

Even streamed a 24/384 file (from the 2L test library) -- and iOS handles it... down converts to 24/192 on the ya2

Tried that 432 app for you and it does work with the adapter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back