What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Dec 13, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #5,927 of 14,566
Using a real or perceived position of authority and/or power to abuse people sexual or otherwise has nothing what so ever to do with biology.

Specie social behavior is biological instincts, and domination, sexual and otherwise, is very much part of it. Watch a chimpanzee tribe's interactions for a while before you go off thinking perversions. Unfortunately, it is basic, and civilized behavior is a learned trait. That's what religion is about, to hold yourself to godly ideals.

Dec 13, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #5,930 of 14,566
Specie social behavior is biological instincts, and domination, sexual and otherwise, is very much part of it. Watch a chimpanzee tribe's interactions for a while before you go off thinking perversions. Unfortunately, it is basic, and civilized behavior is a learned trait. That's what religion is about, to hold yourself to godly ideals.
I guess we can just agree to disagree.

Dec 13, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #5,932 of 14,566
re: retirement. i retired in 2009 and did not like it. I went back to work for my old company under much better terms and will probably work until they carry me out feet first.

Dec 13, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #5,934 of 14,566
re: retirement. i retired in 2009 and did not like it. I went back to work for my old company under much better terms and will probably work until they carry me out feet first.

Liking retirement is a learned behavior that accomplished and successful people often have struggled with. Quite a few are like you, others just drop dead out of boredom, and there are those like myself who learn how to enjoy and indulge themselves and family as a full time job. If, however, working floats your boat, do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back