What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Nov 30, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #5,791 of 14,566
F yer chicken strips
bike.jpg

Seriously though.. I had a Brutale 990r, Great bike tons of fun in the canyons. Only issue was off idle fueling was a bit abrupt.

Dec 1, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #5,793 of 14,566
Those abrupt off idle transitions can be rather 'thrilling' at times.
Especially on a hi torque at low rpm engine. :motorcycle:

JJ

Dec 1, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #5,795 of 14,566
I recognize this as a combination of latex- and Sicilian Red allergy.
I must say you're very skinny for a surgeon.
You must have a lot of help doing the heavy lifting in the theater.
Furthermore I advise you to ask La Signora Siciliana how to remove those two hairs on your chest.
Obviously I would help you free of charge as a professional courtesy but my blowtorch is empty.

Well back in the day, I did look like a somewhat smaller version of ORT's avatar.
I spent more time in the gym than going to Med School classes my first two years.
Us Ortho guys really were strong as an ox and about half as smart.
Had I looked then like the above specimen, The Sicilian would have put me out of her misery!!!!

Good news though...
Last night I told her not to buy me anything for Christmas. Because I already had something coming in.

She asked if it was audio.
I answered "Yes, and it's been on order for some time."

I expected "The Look," that one that only she can deliver that says I'm dead meat.

She replied, "Great, then I don't have to get you anything then," and that was the end of it.

I think I FINALLY have her conditioned!!!!!

Dec 1, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #5,796 of 14,566
I expected "The Look," that one that only she can deliver that says I'm dead meat.
She replied, "Great, then I don't have to get you anything then," and that was the end of it.

I think you're forgetting something.
You still have to buy her something.
Something beautiful.
She might still bite your balls of if you don't

I have an idea.. will send you a PM

Dec 1, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #5,797 of 14,566
At sennheiser sf listening to their Schiit. Long story short @Baldr you’ve spoiled me on Dacs! Their delta sigma crap made 800S and 660S unlistenable! Only 650 syrup could smooth over the hdv820’s horrific d to a conversion...

Dec 1, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #5,798 of 14,566
Well back in the day, I did look like a somewhat smaller version of ORT's avatar.
I spent more time in the gym than going to Med School classes my first two years.
Us Ortho guys really were strong as an ox and about half as smart.
Had I looked then like the above specimen, The Sicilian would have put me out of her misery!!!!

Good news though...
Last night I told her not to buy me anything for Christmas. Because I already had something coming in.

It’s not over.......

Dec 2, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #5,801 of 14,566
Nothing that bad in me just a screw in my wrist when I high sided my r6 on a high speed sweeper. Convinced me to go back to dirt. Props to a-stars though. I caved the heal of my boot in when it slammed as I spun in the air, my foot was fine.

What I meant by off idle fueling is that the bike would stutter and hesitate before picking up smoothly after it had a few rpms. You want excitement on the bottom ride my 300 2 stroke with its custom head. It hits old school hard, takes a deft hand.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #5,802 of 14,566
At sennheiser sf listening to their Schiit. Long story short @Baldr you’ve spoiled me on Dacs! Their delta sigma crap made 800S and 660S unlistenable! Only 650 syrup could smooth over the hdv820’s horrific d to a conversion...
Yikes, I didn't know about the hdv820, for the price, it's ridiculous that it an off-the-shelf Sabre ESS part (never heard a Sabre-based DAC that I liked; for a while I had a Sabre-based iBasso DX90 DAP for travel but I could not listen to it for more than a couple of hours; at least the QP1R I have now, while still delta-sigma -- Cirrus Logic CS4398 -- is much more tolerable). My hunch is that a Bymby+Jot stack, at less than 1/2 the price, would satisfy much more. And if you really want an integrated DAC+amp for space/convenience reasons, while Schiit unfortunately does not make one, the R-2R Soekris dac1541 is very nice, at just over 1/2 of the hdv820.

Dec 2, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #5,803 of 14,566
Now I have to go find the images for my left ankle (tumbling down a 600ft 45deg couloir in the Sierra) and right shoulder (ski caught by a rock under thin snow in Norway, shoulder hit frozen layer) to demonstrate you don't know motorized help to do brag-worth damage. At least I escaped metal additions both times :wink:

Dec 2, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #5,804 of 14,566
Yikes, I didn't know about the hdv820, for the price, it's ridiculous that it an off-the-shelf Sabre ESS part (never heard a Sabre-based DAC that I liked; for a while I had a Sabre-based iBasso DX90 DAP for travel but I could not listen to it for more than a couple of hours; at least the QP1R I have now, while still delta-sigma -- Cirrus Logic CS4398 -- is much more tolerable). My hunch is that a Bymby+Jot stack, at less than 1/2 the price, would satisfy much more. And if you really want an integrated DAC+amp for space/convenience reasons, while Schiit unfortunately does not make one, the R-2R Soekris dac1541 is very nice, at just over 1/2 of the hdv820.
The CS4398 are the same DAC chips that are in my AK240. I've been listening to it the last couple days with the Oppo HA-2 amp.
It's a decent portable rig. The HA-2 can drive the HD800 pretty well, but the overall SQ is not as good as the GMB + BHA-1 (by a wide margin).

Dec 2, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #5,805 of 14,566
When the Donorcycle loses control, please do NOT just slide on the ground sanding away your skin and face. This just generates charges from my Plastic Surgery colleagues, and you'll be a bit uglier to boot.

Instead, be sure to bounce around a lot, and try to slam into something too for good measure. This way me and my buds get you instead.

We're dreaming of a Schiity Christmas: Freya, twin Vidars, and Salk Song3-As.

(Oh, and feel free to throw in some bone hanging out too so we can add Loki Maxi to the stash!!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back