What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Aug 24, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #4,411 of 14,566
So I have been listening to my new pi2design 502 for a couple of hours now. Way to early to draw conclusions really. But things are different.
And I don`t really know if it`s the 502 or the fact that I am using coax now (BNC is yet to be delivered) but there is a difference for sure.
Especially voices, they seem more real. More like there is someone there. Words kind off fail me so I have to listen longer anyway.
I think moving away from usb may have cured all remaining usb nervosa. ghehehe.
(Ofcourse we are not talking usb gen 5 here! Just old-ass Gungnir DS usb gen2 :). )

Aug 25, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #4,412 of 14,566
So I have been listening to my new pi2design 502 for a couple of hours now. Way to early to draw conclusions really. But things are different.
And I don`t really know if it`s the 502 or the fact that I am using coax now (BNC is yet to be delivered) but there is a difference for sure.
Especially voices, they seem more real. More like there is someone there. Words kind off fail me so I have to listen longer anyway.
I think moving away from usb may have cured all remaining usb nervosa. ghehehe.
(Ofcourse we are not talking usb gen 5 here! Just old-ass Gungnir DS usb gen2 :). )
Just ordered my USB5 upgrade for my Gungnir Multibit (no Gumby allowed here). Going to test with BNC and USB soon.

Aug 25, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #4,413 of 14,566
Just ordered my USB5 upgrade for my Gungnir Multibit (no Gumby allowed here). Going to test with BNC and USB soon.
Cool! Let me know what you think.
Now pondering if multi-bit should be the next step.

Piiptsjilling - moarntiids sounds kinda great right now.
Still really happy I got that Gugnir so cool when stuff just keeps scaling up.

Aug 25, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #4,415 of 14,566

No Gumby allowed? I thought this was the Gumby thread.

Aug 25, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #4,416 of 14,566
Nobody seems to be mentioning Mahler's 6th.
Well really - how to pick? When I started with Mahler I used to go straight to the big choral symphonies, not I am more drawn to the 9th, the 4th, the 5th and yes the 6th - however - that poses some questions - andante - scherzo, or scherzo - andante - how about the 3rd hammer blow?

BTW, in case you are wondering the correct answer is scherzo-andante + 3rd hammer blow. :D

v

Aug 26, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #4,419 of 14,566
Das lied???

Definitely!!

And I also like that other "Das Lied", although it clearly is a work of a much less mature artist.

Aug 26, 2017 at 5:04 AM Post #4,421 of 14,566
No Gumby allowed? I thought this was the Gumby thread.
Forum members mentioned they didn't like the Y nicknames for the MB products and wanted the products to be mentioned by the full description instead of the cuddly all Y ending nicknames.
So I mentioned the product name in full.

Aug 26, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #4,422 of 14,566
I've never heard a Mahler composition that didn't have something to say to me. They are all favorites of mine.

Aug 26, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #4,423 of 14,566
Forum members mentioned they didn't like the Y nicknames for the MB products and wanted the products to be mentioned by the full description instead of the cuddly all Y ending nicknames.
For the record:
I am not against the nicknames. I just get confused because of the inconsequent use of forementioned niknames.

Aug 26, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #4,424 of 14,566

Oh, thanks. I missed that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back