What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Jun 9, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #3,587 of 14,566
So lets say you have a friend with an usb source. (into a wyrd and than to Gungnir lets say)
And lets say your friend knows it`s underpowered because your friend did stuff to it.
But it still functions and performs all tasks well without causing issues.(so far)
Could there still be a loss of audioquality because the usb is not getting precisely 5v (or or any other reason you can think off)?
Do we also believe in slow/underpowered 1/0`s?
Just checking (for a friend).
I think you have to look in the mirror and tell your friend to stop tinkering with valuable stuff because it could ruin your hi-end audio experience.
Then you have to lock up that friend and give him the 30min ABBA punishment.
After that you should ask your wife to give your friend a good wallop in the bollocks.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #3,588 of 14,566
Straight jacket and ABBA it is!
Nah...I didnt ruin anything.(yet) Just when I feed the raspberry its power through the kali board it seems to be underpowered.
When I switch back to the regular power input it is fine again. What I did do horribly wrong is change more than one thing at a time so now I have to go back and listen to each change to find out what sounds best.
And the expensive stuff would only be in danger if I go over 5,2V on the USB. Right?

Jun 9, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #3,589 of 14,566
Nah...I didnt ruin anything.(yet) Just when I feed the raspberry its power through the kali board it seems to be underpowered.
When I switch back to the regular power input it is fine again. What I did do horribly wrong is change more than one thing at a time so now I have to go back and listen to each change to find out what sounds best.
And the expensive stuff would only be in danger if I go over 5,2V on the USB. Right?
Right.
I do not think it will influence the signal though.
Maybe ask Baldr?
He knows for sure.

Jun 9, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #3,590 of 14,566

Edit:
You are right btw. I should test this crap with the aune first, if I fry that one its no big deal.
Wallop!

Jun 9, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #3,591 of 14,566

Yikes! Straight jacket and 30 minutes of ABBA - only the habenero treatment can beat that!

Jun 9, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #3,592 of 14,566
I always think its strange that in some american series and movies people don`t say goodbye when they hang up the phone. This would be considered really rude over here, even friends would call you back to ask what happened or expect the connection had dropped. And indeed, even at the shop we exchange at least three thankyous per transaction.

edit:
not sayng its better over here, just agreeing there is a difference.

That has less to do with America and more to do with economy in storytelling. Less is more. Cut to the chase, etc... forgetting the fact that very little you see in movies and TV happens in reality. People don't talk like that. Everything is theatrical for drama's sake. Also see people waking up looking like they never slept, not washing their hands after peeing, ordering a "beer" without being specific, eating without making a mess, etc, etc....

Jun 9, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #3,593 of 14,566
So lets say you have a friend with an usb source. (into a wyrd and than to Gungnir lets say)
And lets say your friend knows it`s underpowered because your friend did stuff to it.
But it still functions and performs all tasks well without causing issues.(so far)
Could there still be a loss of audioquality because the usb is not getting precisely 5v (or or any other reason you can think off)?
Do we also believe in slow/underpowered 1/0`s?
Just checking (for a friend).
Tell him to read the label "No user serviceable parts inside". Pain ol' redneck translation: keep out of here if you do not know what you are doing.

Jun 9, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #3,594 of 14,566
Tell him to read the label "No user serviceable parts inside". Pain ol' redneck translation: keep out of here if you do not know what you are doing.
The keyword being source, I haven`t even pointed with a screwdriver at my Schiit.
Although they do sell DIY upgrades. Which makes me look at them screws every time.

The question was: can undervoltage change soundsignature(of a digital source like a microrendu or a raspberry pi)?
Not: define the degree to which I am an idiot.
:)

Jun 9, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #3,595 of 14,566
The keyword being source, I haven`t even pointed with a screwdriver at my Schiit.
Although they do sell DIY upgrades. Which makes me look at them screws every time.

The question was: can undervoltage change soundsignature(of a digital source like a microrendu or a raspberry pi)?
Not: define the degree to which I am an idiot.
:)
I really do not understand your question. Which voltage specifically are you talking about?

Jun 9, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #3,598 of 14,566
Just saw opening night (Tosca) at Grange Park Opera's first season at West Horsley Place in Surrey—I'm on my annual eight-week European tour (Amsterdam, Cologne, Nuremberg, Berlin, and Paris still to go). It's a lovely, intimate theatre that seats just 750. I was seven rows back in the stalls, a bit off center. The tenor was excellent. The soprano was vocally fine but quite a wooden actor. Going back for die walkure at the end of the month the night before flying off to Amsterdam.

Jun 10, 2017 at 4:34 AM Post #3,599 of 14,566
Just saw opening night (Tosca) at Grange Park Opera's first season at West Horsley Place in Surrey—I'm on my annual eight-week European tour (Amsterdam, Cologne, Nuremberg, Berlin, and Paris still to go). It's a lovely, intimate theatre that seats just 750. I was seven rows back in the stalls, a bit off center. The tenor was excellent. The soprano was vocally fine but quite a wooden actor. Going back for die walkure at the end of the month the night before flying off to Amsterdam.
welcome to the Netherlands! The Amsterdam opera is quite nice(or so my neighbors tell me). We also have windmills and wooden shoes. But what you really want is Hollandse nieuwe with a pickle and some onions! Trust me, tastes so much better than it looks.

Jun 10, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #3,600 of 14,566
"underpowered ones and zeroes" are only an issue if your Brilliant Pebbles (tm) are out of place.
Just googled brilliant pebbles. OMG are they for real? They are one step away from a sceance to summon the spirits of favourable audio dharma. I am now contemplating launching a line of insense that clears the rooms energy and that has a special kind of smoke that prohibits unfavourable reflections from occurring. ( im off shopping for an orange dress)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back