What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Mar 5, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #2,207 of 14,566
I'm shallow.  

I'll wait for the Freya-cased version so it stacks symmetrically.

Mar 5, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #2,209 of 14,566
I'm curious whether Mexican is mikes favorite cuisine, or whether Latin American food in general appeals to him. I know he has spoken at length about his time in repressive regimes in South America and the bad cheese the people had to suffer through. Hopefully there was other food that provided some salve.

Is there a distinct connection between naming conventions and a love of food south of the border? There's something incongruous but wonderful about mixing Norse and Mexican cultural traditions. I do admit a slight preference for the German equivalents. Had Ragnarok been christened Götterdämmerung, there is no question I would've skipped Mjolnir and gone straight for it.

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #2,212 of 14,566
I'm curious whether Mexican is mikes favorite cuisine, or whether Latin American food in general appeals to him. I know he has spoken at length about his time in repressive regimes in South America and the bad cheese the people had to suffer through. Hopefully there was other food that provided some salve.

Is there a distinct connection between naming conventions and a love of food south of the border? There's something incongruous but wonderful about mixing Norse and Mexican cultural traditions. I do admit a slight preference for the German equivalents. Had Ragnarok been christened Götterdämmerung, there is no question I would've skipped Mjolnir and gone straight for it.

My wife is from Peru. I bet Mike likes lomo saltado!

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #2,213 of 14,566
Mojo=  Tasty Latin Sauce  OR

serveimage

Mar 5, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #2,216 of 14,566

Aji de Gallina
Picarones
Ceviche
Tallarines Saltados con Varias Carnes
Bien Picoso

Buenazo!

Hola Mike,

Soy la esposa de Scott. La comida Peruana es una de las mas ricas del mundo. Me alegro que te guste. 

Si alguna vez estas en Covina, CA, no te olvides de buscar un restaurante Peruano que se llama, Mr. Pollo. Es un restaurante chiquito pero la comida es requisima!

Scott le encanta tus productos. A mi me gusta el nombre, Schiit. En Marketing, es importante resaltar. La otra cosa que me gusta es que no sean tan caros.

Saludos,

Monica

Mar 5, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #2,217 of 14,566

Hola Mike,

Soy la esposa de Scott. La comida Peruana es una de las mas ricas del mundo. Me alegro que te guste. 

Si alguna vez estas en Covina, CA, no te olvides de buscar un restaurante Peruano que se llama, Mr. Pollo. Es un restaurante chiquito pero la comida es requisima!

Scott le encanta tus productos. A mi me gusta el nombre, Schiit. En Marketing, es importante resaltar. La otra cosa que me gusta es que no sean tan caros.

Saludos,

Monica

OK -- Me voy --  tendra que ser fin de semana - 160 millas ida y vuelta.  Les voy a avisar! 

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 5, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #2,218 of 14,566

During the first 25+ years of existence, the burrito filter was unnamed.  Jason began referring to it as the megaburrito as that was far simpler and less than stilted than "time and frequency domain optimized preserving all original samples" - it ended up sticking.  The Guacamole version was named by me while in a dreamlike state listening to the MP.

I theorize that the reason the Germans lead the world in beer contenders is because of the need to get drunk before partaking of their own Cuisine.  Their paucity of culinary understanding is more than made up for by their musical capabilities and sense of musical aesthetics.  I tried, maybe I need other experiences.

One look at my midsection reveals my culinary polyglot tendencies.  I certainly favor many Central/Southern American cuisines, particularly those of Peru and Argentina.  My favorite cuisine in the world is Basque at its best, and heartily recommend a trip to San Sebastian as a bucket list item. 

Yes, I delight in Mexican cuisine - especially the Veracruz southern region's penchant for fine seafood.

Damn, and now I am headed down a long road - Sushi, made by a Japanese chef who understands why it takes years to learn how to properly make the rice, and keeps to traditional centuries old constructs; NOT mango gas treated zebra rolls, mexican chingon rolls, or rainbow spring sunshine happiness rolls.  I could go on forever but it is very OT.  Forgive me.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 5, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #2,219 of 14,566
  Genres helped by Manhattan:  Classical, jazz, rock, of all kinds, any 2 or three chord music such as non pop country, blues.  Even pop music if you can get by the autotune.
Genres not helped by Manhattan:  techno, rave stuff, many forms of electronic music not based on melodic western musical theory, rap, pentatonic or most traditional forms of Asian music such as Chinese opera, pre-medieval western music, and that form of classical music based on twelve tone scales (Second Vienese School).

In short, if it is western music with conforming scales, you are probably OK. 

What would it do to Bollywood? 
smile.gif
 They often mix western and non-western tonalities.

But seriously, might Manhattan degrade the sound if something starts playing that it wasn't intended for? What about a live concert recording that has lots of ambient audience sounds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back