Westone W60 Impressions Thread
Dec 30, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #1,201 of 1,957
That’s true, but in most cases the greater conductivity of non ferrous metals like berrilyium copper create a boosted neutron variable effect with an inherent spike in the voltage response.  . But if not wired properly, the purity of those electrons can create an inverse flux relationship with the protons resulting in an out of phase speaker (driver) arrangement where extra capacitor dampening resistors are required to align the frequency response between different megahertz levels of recorded audible listening levels.  It’s really that simple..ROTFLAMO

Dec 30, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #1,202 of 1,957
  That’s true, but in most cases the greater conductivity of non ferrous metals like berrilyium copper create a boosted neutron variable effect with an inherent spike in the voltage response.  . But if not wired properly, the purity of those electrons can create an inverse flux relationship with the protons resulting in an out of phase speaker (driver) arrangement where extra capacitor dampening resistors are required to align the frequency response between different megahertz levels of recorded audible listening levels.  It’s really that simple..ROTFLAMO

... and don't forget to use

biggrin.gif

Dec 31, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #1,203 of 1,957
So I'm trying to decide between the se846 and the westone w60, but considering the review it seems that I may like the se846 more.  I have listened to the Audeze LCD 2 for an extended amount of time and really liked the headphones.  I feel that I would then like the se846 too because they seem to have a similar sound.  

Dec 31, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #1,204 of 1,957
  So I'm trying to decide between the se846 and the westone w60, but considering the review it seems that I may like the se846 more.  I have listened to the Audeze LCD 2 for an extended amount of time and really liked the headphones.  I feel that I would then like the se846 too because they seem to have a similar sound.  

If you can, I would give the Westone UMPro50 a try as well. I liked them better than the W60 and they are cheaper too.

Cheers,
K

Dec 31, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #1,205 of 1,957

If you can, I would give the Westone UMPro50 a try as well. I liked them better than the W60 and they are cheaper too.

Cheers,
K

...This is worth taking note, i'm on my way for an upgrade, was thinking of the W60. However, I was taken aback by this. My musical preferences are the usual. Rock classics, alternative, pop, some EDM, some classics. However, my ears are very discerning. I purchased the LG V10 for purely being a portable hi-fi music player. I cared less 'bout its camera, etc, etc. As a musical reference, 1986 Colour of spring - talk talk, # 3 Life's what you make it - has some very challenging instruments (and voice) to reproduce, especially very low level bass details. Do you think the UM pro 50 will somehow bring me there? (in the recording venue...) - thanks in advance...

Dec 31, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #1,206 of 1,957

Most here probably think I don't like Shure but I lived on Shure my first few years of portable audio.  Started on E3 and then had several pairs of E4's and SE530's.  I was ape**** over those IEM's....even SE535.  Visited Shure world headquarters here in Niles, IL a few times for returns.  Awesome facility.  Huge building!

Nokialover....it all boils down to your sound preference.  It you love a heavy midrange, go with the Shure, you can't go wrong.  NOBODY does lush midrange across the board like Shure. 
But if you like a more open less intimate sound....the W60 will give you that.  It's that simple.  I shouldn't say less intimate because the W60 is very lush and engaging but there is more "space" because the W60 midrange is NOT as forward.  It's more concert hall where SE846 is more studio with the band.  Hopefully that makes sense

Dec 31, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #1,207 of 1,957

... and don't forget to use

biggrin.gif

Twister my friend!  I did not realize that the flux capacitor creates an inversional relationship between band wavelength and proportionate ohm voltage properties.  I always figured that lessor voltage conserved bandwith to the point where 3-5 milowatts could actually cause distortion with players that don’t offer the diffusing voltage decombobulator shut-off switch technology offered in newer models.

Dec 31, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #1,208 of 1,957
Go by the Rev on the box. Rev3 is the only Rev that had the W60 print on the plates. I had a problem. I now have Rev4 and there's no problems. Have them switch it out.

I have in my hands a Rev4 box has a picture of the IEM with W60 on the plates - not sure if the plates inside read W60 - I haven't opened them up yet... 
blink.gif

Happy New Year East Coast USA!!!

Jan 1, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #1,209 of 1,957
I have in my hands a Rev4 box has a picture of the IEM with W60 on the plates - not sure if the plates inside read W60 - I haven't opened them up yet... :blink:  

Happy New Year East Coast USA!!!

I'll get you a photo of my box. There should be just a W on the box. I know my rev3 had problems but my rev4 with W on the plates are fine.

Jan 1, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #1,210 of 1,957
I just got the new pair from Westone direct - Rev4 with the W60 on the face of the box..... strange...

Jan 6, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #1,212 of 1,957

do you mind showing a picture of the box? is rev4 the latest / current version ?

I am still in Vegas on holiday - so I don't have the box with me - but I can confirm that it is a Rev4 unit with W60 on the outside of the box.... No question. So they must make both versions.

Jan 6, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #1,213 of 1,957

do you mind showing a picture of the box? is rev4 the latest / current version ?

I am still in Vegas on holiday - so I don't have the box with me - but I can confirm that it is a Rev4 unit with W60 on the outside of the box.... No question. So they must make both versions.

You call CES 2016 a holiday?
biggrin.gif
  Unless you are on a real holiday
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #1,214 of 1,957
That CES is in Vegas at the same time as I am is a coincidence - although I used to attend regularly during the course of my career - this trip is for pleasure. 
biggrin.gif
 as I am playing with the house's money so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back