Westone UM PRO Series Thread
Oct 7, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #1,576 of 3,037

At least wait 'til SE846 arrives and share with us your comparison impression
wink.gif

I'm not one for leaving long reviews but my initial impressions are that the build quality of the SE846 is better. The sound quality is about even but for my taste I find the UM Pro tuning more enjoyable.

SE846 might have more forward, and slightly more detailed, mids and treble but the UM Pro has a wider sound stage, with a warmer, more airy sound.

If I could have the build quality of the SE846 with the sound signature of the UM Pro 50 I'd be a very happy man.

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #1,577 of 3,037
Super bummed about my UM PRO30's. My left driver went out last week. I bought  them off a great seller here on the forums, unfortunately, so warranty work will cost $$, westone's support immediately suggested just buying new. Any thoughts on a replacement, i'd love to keep it under $300. I was super happy with my UM PRO30's, especially after adding the westone cables with the mic/volume control.

Thanks!

Oct 10, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #1,581 of 3,037
  Welcome to the Westone club mate :3​

I've been a member for many years. Started with the UM2, then on to the UM3x and now the UM Pro 50.

But I had a bit of a wobble, and nearly threw the membership card down the toilet, due to concerns about recent Westone build quality.

I hope they can sort out issues around the cable connectors with future models, as I still love the sound and comfort you get from Westone IEMs.

Oct 10, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #1,582 of 3,037
I've been a member for many years. Started with the UM2, then on to the UM3x and now the UM Pro 50.

But I had a bit of a wobble, and nearly threw the membership card down the toilet, due to concerns about recent Westone build quality.

I hope they can sort out issues around the cable connectors with future models, as I still love the sound and comfort you get from Westone IEMs.

Oh? Welcome old member :p
The 50s are awesome and I don't have any problems with them. I did recently sell them as I have been using my W60s with UM56 custom tips. The thing I can't get over is the realistic sounds of the instruments the 50s produce.

Oct 10, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #1,583 of 3,037

I personally wouldn't trade the umPro 50 sound for the se846.  You sure you are selling the right pair?

I've come to the same conclusion ... 5 day old Shure SE846 are now up for sale ...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784219/shure-se846-sold-as-new

They do have a addicting sound signature.  I will be ordering another pair very soon.

Oct 10, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #1,585 of 3,037
While  SE846 certainly sounds brighter, I think Pro50 treble extends farther.  Not sure how Westone does it.  Providing a warm non-fatiguing presentation but still providing all the transparency and detail on high frequencies.  It's crazy.  Most everyone associates treble with brightness and crispness.  As warm and non fatiguing as my Pro50's are I can tell I am not missing anything.

Oct 10, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #1,586 of 3,037
  While  SE846 certainly sounds brighter, I think Pro50 treble extends farther.  Not sure how Westone does it.  Providing a warm non-fatiguing presentation but still providing all the transparency and detail on high frequencies.  It's crazy.  Most everyone associates treble with brightness and crispness.  As warm and non fatiguing as my Pro50's are I can tell I am not missing anything.

Perfectly explains how I feel about the 50's.   To me they are a warm sound signature without losing out on any detail in the highs.

Oct 10, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #1,587 of 3,037

Perfectly explains how I feel about the 50's.   To me they are a warm sound signature without losing out on any detail in the highs.

It's the absolute perfect IEM for me because I like to crank it up loud!

Zero distortion at any volume and all the detail!  In fact I swear sometimes I think I can feel the housings vibrating from the bass in my ears.  LMAO....

Pro50 bass is insane.  Top to bottom....texture, thickness, rumble.....equal or maybe better than SE846.  It does have heavier bass than SE846.

SE846 bass is closer to W60.
Pro50 bass is ....silly fun!  I think it does everything W60 does but about 20% more THICKNESS!....best I ever heard for my tastes.

Oct 10, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #1,588 of 3,037

This is exactly what I am excited for! I can't wait for them to arrive! 

I'm excited for you to listen to them man. They are a killer.​

As I always say, the Pro 50s have a certain place in my roster of favorites. There's something about that low end that just sounds so damn good. Though I can't understand the unusual hate for the W60s and why people say its not worth the TOTL price tag or something along those lines. Like the Pro 50s, they are aiming to be extremely smooth while retaining the intense amount of detail. For the case of the W60s, I think the sound is magnificent and many of the reviews or complaints on W60 Impressions thread are just wrong. Same could be said about the Pro 50s where people were trash talking earlier in this forum.

I mean, the sound may not fit some people but its not a slouch and extremely impressive. Neither will the W60s or Pro 50s, make you go "Wow!" in the short 15 minute test but over time it will catch your ears. Its one of those things that it takes a while to understand what makes it so great and once you hear it, the sound becomes a revelation.

Oct 11, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #1,590 of 3,037
Hello to everyone, I wanted to know, in terms of isolation and sound quality (mind you I have the Sennheiser HD598), which would you recommend between:
- MEElectronics M6 Pro
- Shure SE215
- Westone UM PRO10
- Westone W 10.
And if you can explain to me the difference between the two Westone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back