Westone UM PRO Series Thread
Nov 11, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #1,636 of 3,037

Any suggestions for what cables?  I have been looking at the cables at Toxic Cables (but any other suggestions would be great) but they don't seem to have one with connectors for the UM Pro do they?  Or do I have to email Frank and ask if he could do a custom order?

I personally nominate Ted Allen (Headphone Lounge) cables. He hand builds those things and he makes some of the nicest braids I have seen. He makes some fantastic cables for a great price.
Linum BaX cables are fantastic too. If true portability is what you are trying to get, these are #1. Twister6 has written them as good cables.
Whichever one you go with, make sure you get the one with MMCX connectors. If you go custom, make sure specify that you need a universal MMCX or Westone compatible variant.

I would recommend to go with universal mmcx connectors.  Westone variant is a mil shorter.  Cables are expensive, so just think of them as an investment to be able to use with other headphones down the road (Shure, UE, Fidue, and a lot of other brands).

beerchug.gif

Nov 11, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #1,637 of 3,037
Toxic Cables come in all variants connectors so PM Frank and tell him you want mmcx for Westone. I bought the Silver Poison DIY kit from him to use with my UM Pro50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #1,641 of 3,037
I honestly can't image any iem having more bass than the um3x. I actually found it to have even more bass slam than the se846. Tomorrow I'm going to demo the um30pro to see if the built quality is really worse than the um3x. It's a shame the um50pro don't offer other colour option other than clear white cos. IMO clear on the um30 and um50 both look really cheap but fortunately the um30 is also available in smoke colour which looks great.  

Nov 14, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #1,644 of 3,037
If I remember correctly it was £160 plus shipping... You can check Toxic Cables profile page for up-to-date pricing of his cables...

Nov 14, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #1,646 of 3,037
Cheaper than the fully assembled ones and you'll get it faster. Of course you will have to assemble it yourself so brush up on those soldering skills! :wink:

Dec 4, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #1,648 of 3,037
  I am getting a UM PRO 50. From what i read in the forums, i am hoping that it will sound like my Marantz 5010 receiver (warm and lush sound) :)

Congrats.  Warm and lush fits the bill pretty well.    I miss my UM Pro 50.  Will be buying another some day.

Dec 4, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #1,650 of 3,037
Thanks. It's getting delivered today. I hope it will be good

Keep "burn in" in mind before giving it a listen.  I feel like my Umpro30 and 50 needed a lot of burn in time before they really opened up.  The whole "Burn In" concept is new and suspicious to me but I am starting to buy into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back