Westone STAR(TM) silicon tips and TRUE-FIT(TM) foam tips available
Jun 10, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #61 of 106
ups dropped off my tips......

they are definitly a go, the silicone is very soft in comparison to the clear silicone westone tips i have the star silicone is very comfortable definitly worth the price and upgrade if you dont already have them. 

Jun 10, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #63 of 106
I have some orange Star tips (large) if you are really interested, UK obviously. I have 3 pairs (out of 5, cut them up etc).
I paid for the tips + $30 shipping direct from Westone and as you can imagine, a little underwhelmed. £10 shipped they are yours.

Jun 10, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #64 of 106
I dont mean to hijack the thread but thats a lot of money for shipping. Some sellers offer free shipping from outside US and for me the items have reached within a week. But not beyond 2 weeks.

Just buying the Star tips with their shipping, you could buy one of their lower models and pay a little difference.

Jun 10, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #65 of 106
Quote:
I dont mean to hijack the thread but thats a lot of money for shipping. Some sellers offer free shipping from outside US and for me the items have reached within a week. But not beyond 2 weeks.

Just buying the Star tips with their shipping, you could buy one of their lower models and pay a little difference.

Very true, unfortunately very true. I bought them as soon as Westone modified their site to easily access them (didn`t have on site for ages).
I did get them in 2 days which, from Colorado to the UK, was mighty impressive. 

I have a tip for you... Don`t do what I did :wink:

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #66 of 106
Which color tips would I want if I usually use Comply Ts100 medium sized tips?

Jun 23, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #67 of 106
Did the westone 4 normal version come with these things before they got discontinued?

Cheers

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #71 of 106
Quote:
Please let me know your location. If we have a distributor in your location, I will get you their contact. Otherwise, we will get you the best price possible on shipping to your location.

Thank you,

John 

Greece. I am interested in the westone true fit gren tips. Thanks

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #72 of 106
Just recieved the variety pack yesterday and love how the star tips sound on my SE535LTDs! I have been using complys forever and right away i noticed improvements in treble and bit of soundstage. The sound isolation isnt quite as good as the complys, but good enough. I havent tested the foam ones yet. Btw, if anyone in the Canda or US wants a cheap alternative to trying these, send me a PM. For the tip sizes I dont need (I use reds) I can do $5 per set plus $2 shipping to Canada or $3 to US

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #73 of 106
I hear ya, I have additional problems, the cost of shipping them to Australia is more than the cost of the tips themselves.
I certainly don't want to have to pay for shipping twice

Exactly mate,

for just USD $ 14.99 or as at now AUD $ 17.50, the additional $49 for FedEx Economy is way too much for me to bear alone.
Luckily when I returned my old W4 due to some problem for RMA, I can purchase the additional pack of STAR tips to be shipped together with the replacement W4R unit too :) Westone Customer service is very great and taking care of me as one of the customer even half way round the world. :D

and now as I'm writing this reply, I can say that STAR tips really improve the high and mid range, so it is ideal for rock & metal music, while the Comply Foam Tx-500 is for techno and bass heavy music.

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #74 of 106
I just ordered a bunch of various sized STAR and TRU-FIT tips from Earplug Superstore and the prices were pretty good but I did have to pay shipping. I received the tips in a couple days though! It was nice ordering from them because I could create my own variety pack by ordering the tips as a single set instead of a pack of 5 or 10. ie...If you know you won't be needing the large tips you can order all small and medium or if you don't need 5 pairs of STAR tips but only 2, etc. They come out to roughly $2 a pair and the price structure is broken down in 1-4 pairs $2.64/pair, 5-9 $1.98/pair, 10-49 $1.58/pair. You can also buy the 5 pack combo or sized in either style and the 10 pack STAR and TRU-Tip combo. Decent prices and shipping isn't too bad, not sure about international though.

Aug 18, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #75 of 106
Quote:
I just ordered a bunch of various sized STAR and TRU-FIT tips from Earplug Superstore and the prices were pretty good but I did have to pay shipping. I received the tips in a couple days though! It was nice ordering from them because I could create my own variety pack by ordering the tips as a single set instead of a pack of 5 or 10. ie...If you know you won't be needing the large tips you can order all small and medium or if you don't need 5 pairs of STAR tips but only 2, etc. They come out to roughly $2 a pair and the price structure is broken down in 1-4 pairs $2.64/pair, 5-9 $1.98/pair, 10-49 $1.58/pair. You can also buy the 5 pack combo or sized in either style and the 10 pack STAR and TRU-Tip combo. Decent prices and shipping isn't too bad, not sure about international though.

STAR is one of the best tips solution to enjoy you music at his bes! And you'l never know, reaching your own nirvana!!! 
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back