Westone STAR(TM) silicon tips and TRUE-FIT(TM) foam tips available
Jun 4, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #46 of 106
Wow, $15.00 for a Star and Tru-fit kit at B&H. Five sizes of each included; ten pairs. I'll stop by there next day in Manhattan and score a package. 

Jun 4, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #48 of 106
Quote:
Wow, $15.00 for a Star and Tru-fit kit at B&H. Five sizes of each included; ten pairs. I'll stop by there next day in Manhattan and score a package. 

Honest advice? save your money. I purchased the Star tips direct from Westone, paid $30 shipping and major disappointment. A bizarre thin silicone with an output bore of larger than the grey silicone but smaller than a shure "olive"
I purchased the "orange" version due to being the largest. If I could make a comparison, think of when Monster released their "gel" tips for the MTPC etc. 
Save your money mate, if you want a tip with a larger bore output, get any tip for the W4 that you are not using, chop off the stem which will then allow a tip like a Senn/Monster/Sony etc to be used over it.

Edit: If you do want to hear a sound difference, I highly recommend a Mundorf cable interconnect. This has been the best upgrade to the W4 I have heard (2 other Lod`s 1XFii0, 1X custom silver). I have the original W4, not the W4r which I am fairly pleased about as I would have thrown money at cable after cable. Some people are in the "everything sounds the same" camp but I am in the "I can easily hear the difference camp" so that is what my advise is based on.

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #49 of 106
I don't own Westone IEMs, but tried a red star silicone on Etymotic HF3 and I am liking it. As opposed to the Shure olives I had on it. Shure's sealed well but added some muffle by comparison. The Westone works for my inner ear architecture. Insertion depth is not intensely deep and I'm all sealed, getting some rich and deep bass along with balance elsewhere. Currently listening to tunes on the first Buddha Bar album; one that features some clear separation.

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #50 of 106
Any ideas which size would fit VSonic GR07s?

Jun 6, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #51 of 106
So I ordered from marcopoloca and now the wait starts. You really have to wonder how Westone can justify such a ludicrous shipping cost to us International customers when this guy can send the multi pack to you for $15 including shipping.

I sincerely hope these work out my fitment issues. Otherwise I might give the foams a try, but they look so similar to the Comply material that I'm not convinced that their longevity would be any better. Granted you do get five pairs for the same price as 3 pairs of Comply. I still don't like the prospect of replacing eartips regularly, though.

Anyone else who has the foams care to comment on their experience with the True-fit foam material and longevity?

Jun 6, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #52 of 106
Quote:
You really have to wonder how Westone can justify such a ludicrous shipping cost to us International customers when this guy can send the multi pack to you for $15 including shipping.

I think Westone charges such a high price for shipping to the customer because the would RATHER you order them from a dealer. I don't think they really want to be in the retail shipping business, so they entice you to buy from a dealer by the high shipping charge. earphonesolutions.com ships them for free for the retail price of the tips, for example.

Jun 6, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #53 of 106
Quote:
I think Westone charges such a high price for shipping to the customer because the would RATHER you order them from a dealer. I don't think they really want to be in the retail shipping business, so they entice you to buy from a dealer by the high shipping charge. earphonesolutions.com ships them for free for the retail price of the tips, for example.

That's only in the US too... earphonesolutions charges international customers $20 for shipping and that's either the star tips OR the true fit tips... Which turns out to be more expensive. Please check your facts before commenting...

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #54 of 106
Quote:
That's only in the US too... earphonesolutions charges international customers $20 for shipping and that's either the star tips OR the true fit tips... Which turns out to be more expensive. Please check your facts before commenting...Che

Yes, please do check the shipping rates to your own specific areas, as I neither researched nor stated any "facts" about shipping costs to your specific area. Neither did I post any misinformation... merely an observation.

Please comprehend what you're reading or was posted, and do your own research before buying... anything... via the internet. And, oh yeah... also make every attempt to comprehend what you're reading before flippantly telling someone to "check your facts before commenting".

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #56 of 106
Quote:

+1 Your right about there shipping & Retail price fees! their products is always available on their website for the Publics, even if there price is more agressives. (MSRP)  Make cheepo getting from Distributors!

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #57 of 106
Quote:
guess i will have to wait until monday to give my feedback on the the star silicone tips. i hate that ups doesnt delivery on saturdays... blah

We can wait,  your feedback are always welcome! Are you order it  directly from Westone or some Distributors?  Tell us about the shipping fees from your location!

wink_face.gif
Rock on!

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #58 of 106
i bought them straight from westone, it was like 14.99 for the foam and silicone set with i believe 6 dollars and some change it came out to 21.24. they were shipped ups ground and i live in cincinnati ohio

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #59 of 106
Well, I suppose I'm having hang-ups from when Westone WAS the only place you could get these from and how I really wanted them then. If I recall correctly - I don't feel like looking now so I could be totally off - Westone's international shipping is the same whether you order five pairs of eartips or a whole bunch of cables and IEM vaults and such things along with them. Perhaps it's their tactic for getting people to put more things in their cart to offset the proportion of money they're spending on shipping. So $40 shipping on eartips is infuriating, but when you have some hundreds in the cart, it seems less offensive because then your $40 isn't going into the delivery of a small envelope of featherlight eartips to you, it's going into the delivery of a nice, big box of many things! Yo might have spent $200 dollars more than you set out to, but at least you're not being ripped off with shipping :wink:.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it. Either way, I'm not really bothered now that I don't have to do this through Westone so happy days :).

Jun 8, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #60 of 106
You really have to wonder how Westone can justify such a ludicrous shipping cost to us International customers when this guy can send the multi pack to you for $15 including shipping.
Yes, please do check the shipping rates to your own specific areas, as I neither researched nor stated any "facts" about shipping costs to your specific area. Neither did I post any misinformation... merely an observation.

Please comprehend what you're reading or was posted, and do your own research before buying... anything... via the internet. And, oh yeah... also make every attempt to comprehend what you're reading before flippantly telling someone to "check your facts before commenting".

He/She specifically said "ludicrous shipping cost to us International customers" and you respond with free shipping (failed to mention within US)... How is that not misleading? Westone also ships for free within the US... While Westone sells the 20pack for ~$15, earphonesolutions sells 10 packs at ~$15 shipping free within the US. With both Westone and earphonesolutions shipping free (in the US) and the 20 pack vs 10 pack, how in the world do your justify your premises?

Actually read what you quote before your decide to reply. He/She is clearly not getting free shipping, don't take stuff out of context

Users who are viewing this thread

Back