Westone STAR(TM) silicon tips and TRUE-FIT(TM) foam tips available
Mar 19, 2013 at 2:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 106

JFLowrey

Member of the Trade: Westone
To all,

We have updated our site. The patented Star tips and the True-Fit tips are now available. The retail packaging version will be available in about 3-4 weeks.

Thank you all for you patience and overwhelming positive feedback on these new tips.

http://www.westone.com/music/products/tips.html

Thank you again for your support.

John Lowrey
VP - Audio Division

Mar 19, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #3 of 106
Well crap...I ordered these from another vendor...only to find out they'll just ship to me directly from Westone.  Should've waited another 48 hours as that vendor can't even confirm whether they've shipped (ordered Sunday, 3/17/2013)

Mar 19, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #6 of 106
Is there a coupon code available?

Mar 20, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #10 of 106
So, if I am using the regular comply tips - what would be a good analogue for that?

Also, does Westone even do international shipping? The website makes no mention of the freight charges!

Mar 20, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #12 of 106
will see how it stacks to the hype...  ordered mine.. :p

Mar 20, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #15 of 106
Quote:
So, if I am using the regular comply tips - what would be a good analogue for that?

Also, does Westone even do international shipping? The website makes no mention of the freight charges!

I assume your asking about equivelant silicone tips. Its hard to say without actually trying the tips for size. I typically use the Comply p foam in a medium size but can also fit the large size of the same style.  I found that the Westone star silicone blacks fit well with UM3X and UM2 and i also use the reds which are the same diameter as the black but a little taller, with the W3's shorter nozzle. I started with the largest size silicone at first just because i have always been acustomed to that being the size for me and it felt good but the seal wasent working so well. Once i sized down it really made a world of difference.    

I live in Hawaii and while its not international as far as shipping, it can get rather pricey when the only options provided by retailers is 2nd day air. Westone CS told me when i ordered as well as in the past that they use FedEx for delivery and so i expected the cost to be more than the product ordered. Considering the savings over using disposable Complys, i was willing to pay whatever since these tips will far outlast any foam tips on the market and probably be the last purchase of eartips i will have to make. I requested that if at all possible to please send via USPS mail, she stated that she would leave a message and that it was dependent on the shipping department. Three days later i was pleasently surprised to find waiting in the mail box a small package sent from Westone. Yea!! I think it was $4.00 shipped or something. My suggestion would be to call in your order and ask to speak to the shipping department before concluding your order and see if something can be worked out. Usually for small items retailers will make exceptions to shipping policies, hopefully they will for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back