Westone STAR(TM) silicon tips and TRUE-FIT(TM) foam tips available
Feb 15, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #77 of 106
before I order the TRUE-FIT and STAR Comb pack, How good are the Star tips when used with the Shure SE215LTD's? 

The tips that came with my shures are a bit too firm for my ears and my ears start to feel discomfort after a short period of time, how do the star tips stack up? 

Thanks in advance! :3

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #78 of 106
  before I order the TRUE-FIT and STAR Comb pack, How good are the Star tips when used with the Shure SE215LTD's? 

The tips that came with my shures are a bit too firm for my ears and my ears start to feel discomfort after a short period of time, how do the star tips stack up? 

The Star Tips are definitely one of the most fitting and comfortable silicone tips in the market. It allows for a deeper insertion too. But may alter the sound slightly. 

Feb 16, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #79 of 106

imo the star tips are crap.

they are soft but the bore is too narrow and it messes with the mids and highs too much.

i bought the true fit twice once for my w4r and once for my um3x, i used them on the se535,...and never was ever impressed

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #80 of 106
  imo the star tips are crap.

they are soft but the bore is too narrow and it messes with the mids and highs too much.

i bought the true fit twice once for my w4r and once for my um3x, i used them on the se535,...and never was ever impressed

If that the case for you, what do you recommend as an alternative?

The Shure silicon ear tips are the firmest ear tips I've used, I get a good seal with them but my ears feel it after 15 minutes and I occasionally need to take them off for a breather. 

Feb 17, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #81 of 106
I don't get how the bores of the Star tips could be any wider - the diameter nozzles for Westones are pretty tiny.

I like the star tips, but what I've also used is regular, wide-bore tips like the Brainwavz dual flanges because I find it gives a more secure fit to my ears. Single flanges inevitably start creeping out for me if I'm active. I just cut out the stems from some of the more uncomfortable original Westone tips and then slip the wider-bore tips over that. Success will depend on just how wide the bore is, of course, but it's a good way to try out different tips if you're okay with sacrificing tips you already have. I don't know what tips the Shures originally come with.

Feb 17, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #82 of 106
The best alternative over all the Westone Stars... IMO the best tips & fit for me now, after using some of the most popular, are... the Sony silicone (mod) tips, that have softer & wider bore over the Star tip.

Second favorite, Shure silicone (E2c (mod)

Third place: yellow foam tips from Shure (PA750)

Again, this is a personal choice! Make them a tried! Experiment! Different ways to enjoy your music! Many flavor!

:D

Feb 18, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #85 of 106
true-fit tips better than comply tips or not?

Your ears will tell! :D

Edit: Sony (hybrid) softer, confortable than Star tips! Enjoy your music smoothly!

Jul 7, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #86 of 106
I just received a new 10 pack of Westone True-fit Red tips from an authorized dealer for Westone.  I used to love these tips, but this pack was no good.  I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this; it is the new version they tell me.

I have included a picture of the new tips compared to my old tips, both are red style.  I go through a ten pack in about two months usually, so I know from the types I usually get.  

The top row of tips are the brand new versions I just got from the place; in what appeared to be the original box from Westone. Seemed official enough, but look at the bore holes.  The are incredibly small and constantly close in my ears when I open my mouth or turn my head slightly effectively plugging the sound and it is driving me nuts.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Jul 7, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #87 of 106

I just received a new 10 pack of Westone True-fit Red tips from an authorized dealer for Westone.  I used to love these tips, but this pack was no good.  I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this; it is the new version they tell me.

I have included a picture of the new tips compared to my old tips, both are red style.  I go through a ten pack in about two months usually, so I know from the types I usually get.  

The top row of tips are the brand new versions I just got from the place; in what appeared to be the original box from Westone. Seemed official enough, but look at the bore holes.  The are incredibly small and constantly close in my ears when I open my mouth or turn my head slightly effectively plugging the sound and it is driving me nuts.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Yeah, westone changed them and this is the new true fit version that comes with their new line-up. I'm pretty sure that if you ask around, especially the ebay sellers you'll manage to find the old version that you like but you might have to stock up on them.

Jul 7, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #88 of 106
  Yeah, westone changed them and this is the new true fit version that comes with their new line-up. I'm pretty sure that if you ask around, especially the ebay sellers you'll manage to find the old version that you like but you might have to stock up on them.

Aww, nuts... OK, that is good information to have.  Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back