Westone ES5
Feb 22, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #4,156 of 5,554
all said and done, though the es5's require an eq to please me, and my right earpiece still doesnt fit as well as my left after 2 tries (though it still fits perfectly well, the left is just tighter, and i dont blame either westone or my audiologist for not making it better, i think its just my funky ear)...

I have to say I am extremely pleased with my ES-5's - if it werent for the fact that i require an open headphone most of the time, i could easily justify selling my lcd-2's and using my es5's exclusively.

I'll be flying soon.  Cant wait to experience my first trip with top rate sound and isolation!

Feb 23, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #4,159 of 5,554

Quote:
I just received my Continental V2 and it is fantastic. I am using Cypher Labs and my Westone 5 headphones. This amp trounces the SR-71B.

And ALO mentioned that the Continental amp isn't designed for IEM due to its high output impedance.
confused.gif

Feb 23, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #4,161 of 5,554

Quote:
I just received my Continental V2 and it is fantastic. I am using Cypher Labs and my Westone 5 headphones. This amp trounces the SR-71B.

Did you ever use the SR71B balanced?  I found the SR71B single ended to sound decidedly mediocre.  Haven't heard in balanced yet so I'm curious about your thoughts.

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #4,163 of 5,554
just bought a monitor vault for my es5's!
http://www.westonemusicproducts.com/store/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?q=monitor+vault

having them on my trip was awesome!  the were excellent on airplanes.  perfect seal on both ears no matter how i move definitely confirmed.  excellent isolation and a great joy to hear!

Feb 28, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #4,165 of 5,554
Quote:
just bought a monitor vault for my es5's!
http://www.westonemusicproducts.com/store/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?q=monitor+vault

having them on my trip was awesome!  the were excellent on airplanes.  perfect seal on both ears no matter how i move definitely confirmed.  excellent isolation and a great joy to hear!

Nice catch on the new case. I am really curious about the size. Please post some pics with your ES5 when it arrives.

Feb 28, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #4,168 of 5,554

Quote:
Quote:

Nice catch on the new case. I am really curious about the size. Please post some pics with your ES5 when it arrives.

These are the same cases that come with the Westone 4R. Size wise, I find them too tight of a fit for the W4Rs. I prefer the Pelican 1010 microcases over both these and the otterbox varieties. I can post pictures later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back