Westone ES5
Jun 27, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #2,795 of 5,554
Sorry it was the otoferm that Westone has.
redface.gif

Jun 28, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #2,796 of 5,554
Hey Guys~

Today I stumbled upon a CD, 
Lost In Time by Eric Benet.

Tried it at HMV through their stock sennheisers as a demo loved the vocals.

Went home, ripped it played it through the ES5s and it definitely makes the ES5s shine. The Vocal detail is amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGeXdYLGvkA youtube link for my favorite track and probably the most vocal intensive track~

Anyways! I wanna ask do you guys have any songs you listen to through the ES5s a lot? To make the ES5s shine and such?

Thanks~

Jun 28, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #2,799 of 5,554

Quote:
Trons,
It sounds even more lush through upgraded cables:)

Sorry, had to do it. But I did listen to it through my iPhone 4 >> CLAS >> ES5 and the CLAS makes even Youtube clips sound better.

Don't you find the 'home' button a little inaccessible? =)

Are the USB cable DIY??

I see that Arrigoshred is an ALO fan =)))

Jun 28, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #2,801 of 5,554

Don't you find the 'home' button a little inaccessible? =)

Are the USB cable DIY??

I see that Arrigoshred is an ALO fan =)))

On the contrary, the home button is virtually no more difficult to press than when there is no soft rubberband over it. In fact, the 0 surronding the L is the exact spot of the home button. It's really no different than when there is a big 'ol rubber case arround the thing.

The USB--->30Pin is a DIY, but not by me.

Jun 29, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #2,802 of 5,554

Quote:
Trons,
It sounds even more lush through upgraded cables:)

Sorry, had to do it. But I did listen to it through my iPhone 4 >> CLAS >> ES5 and the CLAS makes even Youtube clips sound better.

I tried the TWag's and let them burn in for 300 hours and got my refund because I didn't hear any difference between that and the silver or black stock cable.
blink.gif

Jun 29, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #2,805 of 5,554
I tried the TWag's and let them burn in for 300 hours and got my refund because I didn't hear any difference between that and the silver or black stock cable.
blink.gif

Actually, I don't hear much of a difference between all my IEM cables when I just run them straight to the iPhone and listen to compressed mp3's. It's really only when I use the FLAC player or ALAC and 320Kb MP3's that I can start making out differences. I still think it's got more to do with what a cable is masking, than what a cable is creating. Perhaps it's skin effect, bad solder points, who knows. I do, however, respect that you don't hear any dicernable differences. And that's better for you, right? Less money to spend! Tronz, have you had the chance to listen to the Solo? Just curious because I hear the most changes when I use that in my rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back