Westone ES5
May 27, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #2,356 of 5,554
Argh! I really can't make up my mind.

I keep going back and forth between the following options...

Smoke shells with red/blue screaming faces
Smoke shells with just white screaming faces

If I went with the red/blue faces.. they'd look like this...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1145555/rightear_300dpi_clear.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1145555/leftear_300dpi_clear.png

If the faces were both white, they would look like the above.. but just white. All of this is on a smoke shell. Either way I'd probably ask for the serial#s to be white with just -R or -L appended to the end.

I really need to hear some opinions to help make up my mind! Please give me your thoughts...

May 27, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #2,357 of 5,554
I think white would really contrast any potential grain against smoke.  Go blue and red IMO.  Unless you want a sort of rough look to the pics.  

Personally, I would have gone L/R like so:

May 27, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #2,358 of 5,554
What do you mean by "would contrast any possible grain?" Also, I'm really not into the Simpsons, but there isn't even a black and white copy of that homer version of "The Scream" that would lend itself to being printed on monitors.

May 27, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #2,359 of 5,554
Lol, I was joking about the Simpsons, besides I don't mind color in my artwork.

Upon close inspection I believe your artowrk will have some grain so you will see smoke dots poking through the white graphics which will make the grain stand out.  Blue and red won't contrast as much but it's a matter of what you want.  

There's already been discussion in the thread about grain and artwork.  If you search my photos you will see.

May 27, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #2,360 of 5,554

Quote:
They couriered it back to Thinking Group direct so I couldn't have known the time required for the dispatch. But I believe they used courier in my case.

So I got an email from westone customer service....
Frankly i'm disappointed...
When I called ThinkingGroup they told me to email Westone.
When I emailed Westone they simply told me to ask ThinkingGroup...
I feel like im being played here..

May 27, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #2,361 of 5,554

Quote:
So I got an email from westone customer service....
Frankly i'm disappointed...
When I called ThinkingGroup they told me to email Westone.
When I emailed Westone they simply told me to ask ThinkingGroup...
I feel like im being played here..

Did you tell them you already did that?  What did they say?  Try PMing p0wderhound if he's still logging on.

May 27, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #2,362 of 5,554
Thanks Jazzyfi and Wildcard30 for the pics.  I choose Candy red and Candy blue :D

I got my impressions done today.  The audiologist said they turned out really good.  I cant wait to join the ES5 club^^.

I am also quite curious as to which cables people use and what they think of the results.  I am thinking of getting an Silver Dragon or maybe a twag depending if we can get some opinions on them.

May 27, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #2,363 of 5,554

Quote:
Thanks Jazzyfi and Wildcard30 for the pics.  I choose Candy red and Candy blue :D

I got my impressions done today.  The audiologist said they turned out really good.  I cant wait to join the ES5 club^^.

I am also quite curious as to which cables people use and what they think of the results.  I am thinking of getting an Silver Dragon or maybe a twag depending if we can get some opinions on them.

Hey there!

I don't have a TWag cable but I have a Silver Dragon for IEMs.
As my ES5s haven't arrived yet I can only tell you about the Silver Dragons through connecting them with my Um3x RC's

Overall it makes the tone clearer and I guess you can say the "fade away" of sounds is much more detailed.
Usually when I listen to my Um3X (Regular Version - I have 2 Pairs of Um3x. Normal and Removable Cable) The sound is detailed and I can sort of picture the actual scene of musicians playing their instruments and such. With the Silver Dragon its simply a lot easier to picture it and your more "Closer" to the musical world.
I don't know how much it may cost for you to buy the Silver Dragon cable as it depends on whether your buying it through a retailer.
But it costed me 650HKD which roughly translates to 85 Dollars USD? 
Personally I don't think its exactly worth it but its probably due to the fact that the Um3x doesn't really need it.
I mean when I amp my Um3x theres a tiny difference so yeah.

It might be a significant improvement for the ES5 but wait awhile for that!
Hopefully my ES5s will come soon :)

May 27, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #2,364 of 5,554

Quote:
Hey there!

I don't have a TWag cable but I have a Silver Dragon for IEMs.
As my ES5s haven't arrived yet I can only tell you about the Silver Dragons through connecting them with my Um3x RC's

Overall it makes the tone clearer and I guess you can say the "fade away" of sounds is much more detailed.
Usually when I listen to my Um3X (Regular Version - I have 2 Pairs of Um3x. Normal and Removable Cable) The sound is detailed and I can sort of picture the actual scene of musicians playing their instruments and such. With the Silver Dragon its simply a lot easier to picture it and your more "Closer" to the musical world.
I don't know how much it may cost for you to buy the Silver Dragon cable as it depends on whether your buying it through a retailer.
But it costed me 650HKD which roughly translates to 85 Dollars USD? 
Personally I don't think its exactly worth it but its probably due to the fact that the Um3x doesn't really need it.
I mean when I amp my Um3x theres a tiny difference so yeah.

It might be a significant improvement for the ES5 but wait awhile for that!
Hopefully my ES5s will come soon :)

Thanks for your opinion of the Silver Dragons on the Um3x.  Hope your ES5s come soon.  I'm eager to hear what you think of them on them.

May 28, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #2,365 of 5,554
Alright,

So after many mockups from Westone I guess my screaming face is just too awkwardly shaped to fit on the shell in a meaningful manner; therefore I've changed the artwork all together. I went with a Dharma logo (from Lost) and put a Bowl of Hygeia in the center since I'm a pharmacist. Here's what I've come up with.....

The grey is actually transparent.

The one thing I can't decide on is colors..... both shell(s) and for the logo! Right now I'm strongly leaning towards candy blue for the left and candy red for the right with the logo in white. But I've considered getting both shells done in smoke and just the white logo as well. I've also been tossing around the idea of coloring the logo blue/red and going with clear shells. I'm really lost. Wish Westone (or someone else) could just make the decision for me and surprise me! Someone tell me what to do!

May 28, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #2,368 of 5,554
@pcmike,that artwork color is no good.you might as well change it to a more brighter or darker tone.thats just my input.imo the artwork will be drowned by the color of the shell.

May 28, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #2,369 of 5,554
@pcmike,that artwork color is no good.you might as well change it to a more brighter or darker tone.thats just my input.imo the artwork will be drowned by the color of the shell.

White will be drowned out by the color of the shell? The grey area is actually clear, as in will just be the shell. The only thing in the image that will be printed is the white. I guess I don't understand how white is going to be drowned out on any color shell?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back