Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Aug 11, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #4,441 of 5,568
I have ALWAYS espoused the virtues of Westone's customer service! Just always be sure to register your pair, and then there are never any surprises! Their turnaround time is usually very good, and as said before, you can get a friendly, live person on the phone!

Aug 13, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #4,442 of 5,568
Anyone with a Clip Zip using an EQ curve with their W4s? 

I've low shelved 150dB to about -4dB, Q = 7. Seems to get rid of a lot of the excess midbass.
Upper mids are a bit weird for me to mess around with. Running a sine sweep, and I hear two dips at 2k and 4.5k. When I try to counteract this, stuff just ends up sounding a bit nasal. Peak at 9.5k is removed, so no qualms about that.

If I'm able to get some other people's EQ presets I'll probably be able to find out what it is exactly I've missed. 

Aug 14, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #4,443 of 5,568
I have ALWAYS espoused the virtues of Westone's customer service! Just always be sure to register your pair, and then there are never any surprises! Their turnaround time is usually very good, and as said before, you can get a friendly, live person on the phone!

Exactly yes, mine got broken last month in one of the earphone cable (Westone 4), as soon as I contacted Westone representative in USA, they agreed to send down one replacement unit to Australia, which took me about 1.5 weeks to be delivered to me free of charge using Fedex Economy.

and now I'm one of Westone happy customer with new Westone 4R and new STAR tips :)

Aug 14, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #4,444 of 5,568
Great deal!  
W4 -> W4R   
ksc75smile.gif

Good to know they are taking care of us the right way.

yes they are, I'm very surprised that they actually replaced the W4 with the better one W4R :)

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #4,446 of 5,568
+1! Westone customer service is really top notch!!

Exactly yes, +1 to Westone Customer Service department, they really know how to treat their customer well.

Aug 14, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #4,447 of 5,568
Talking about Westone customer service, I have a question. Lately I've been running a lot with my W4R's and I always thought that sweat wouldn't really hurt the W4R that much because I was always sure to have a really good fit and replaced my foam tips on a regular basis. Now my right earpiece failed and is producing a lot less sound than it should and I don't know what to do now
frown.gif

How do I know if there is a problem with my cable or my earpiece? And is this something I can fix myself, or should I just send it up to Westone to have them check it out? I already took the cable out and insert it back in, I don't know if this is supposed to help or not but it did nothing.

Thanks for the time.

Aug 14, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #4,448 of 5,568
Quote:
Talking about Westone customer service, I have a question. Lately I've been running a lot with my W4R's and I always thought that sweat wouldn't really hurt the W4R that much because I was always sure to have a really good fit and replaced my foam tips on a regular basis. Now my right earpiece failed and is producing a lot less sound than it should and I don't know what to do now
frown.gif

How do I know if there is a problem with my cable or my earpiece? And is this something I can fix myself, or should I just send it up to Westone to have them check it out? I already took the cable out and insert it back in, I don't know if this is supposed to help or not but it did nothing.

Thanks for the time.

Can you insert the cable from the left ear piece into that one and see if it works?  Don't know about iems, but I've done that with headphones.

Aug 14, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #4,449 of 5,568
Quote:
Can you insert the cable from the left ear piece into that one and see if it works?  Don't know about iems, but I've done that with headphones.

Thanks for the quick response. In the manual said that the blue dot should be on the left IEM and the red one should be on the right IEM and to be honest I don't know enough about it as well so I'm not willing to try it.. unless someone here tells me it could work and to see if the problem lies with the IEM or the cable. But until then, I rather not take the risk .

Aug 14, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #4,450 of 5,568
Quote:
Exactly yes, mine got broken last month in one of the earphone cable (Westone 4), as soon as I contacted Westone representative in USA, they agreed to send down one replacement unit to Australia, which took me about 1.5 weeks to be delivered to me free of charge using Fedex Economy.

and now I'm one of Westone happy customer with new Westone 4R and new STAR tips :)

Welcome to the clan of happy Westone CS! 
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #4,451 of 5,568
Talking about Westone customer service, I have a question. Lately I've been running a lot with my W4R's and I always thought that sweat wouldn't really hurt the W4R that much because I was always sure to have a really good fit and replaced my foam tips on a regular basis. Now my right earpiece failed and is producing a lot less sound than it should and I don't know what to do now :frowning2: .

Thanks for the time.

I am not really sure what to do with that cable issue, but I too, use my Westone 4's all the time while working out and riding bicycles, exposing them to a lot of sweat, and have had some sounds issues with them over time. Always had great customer service experience from Westone, so I would recommend sending your 4R's back for service. The only thing you have to lose is being without your 'phones for a week or two (my back-up pair, a great investment, is a pair of Westone UM3X, that way my ears are never without Westone).

Aug 14, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #4,452 of 5,568
Quote:
Exactly yes, +1 to Westone Customer Service department, they really know how to treat their customer well.

Yep, excellent CS indeed!  Remember name of the CS you have talk to? (Colorado USA)

Aug 14, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #4,453 of 5,568
Quote:
I am not really sure what to do with that cable issue, but I too, use my Westone 4's all the time while working out and riding bicycles, exposing them to a lot of sweat, and have had some sounds issues with them over time. Always had great customer service experience from Westone, so I would recommend sending your 4R's back for service. The only thing you have to lose is being without your 'phones for a week or two (my back-up pair, a great investment, is a pair of Westone UM3X, that way my ears are never without Westone).

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response. In the manual said that the blue dot should be on the left IEM and the red one should be on the right IEM and to be honest I don't know enough about it as well so I'm not willing to try it.. unless someone here tells me it could work and to see if the problem lies with the IEM or the cable. But until then, I rather not take the risk .

Hi, before sending back to Weston, verify if it realy a cable issues, (switching cables) or,  insert the faulted earpiece in a rice bag for couple hours.(This help remove all the humidity from shell -IEM does'nt like sweat) This is a very popular IEM issues, avoid training with this kind of highend monitors. Get a backup! Or, maybe it will be the Damper filter, inside nozzle was changing position or moving around...

Is these does'nt works, then... Call 911 for a repair/replacement from the Westone aw CS!   Hope I have help here!   
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 14, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #4,455 of 5,568
Quote:
Look what the mail man brought?

My 2 yo W4 turned WR by BTG audio plus cable might need a new home

Congrad lucky Snap! Nice Box!! 
biggrin.gif
  Where are yo from?   Translation = Yo have send yo w4 to BTG Audio for a reshell mod.  Is it right?  

But the pict here is making confusion. The pict show here is w4r box, but you talking about many thing, BTG audio, and cable that need home...  
confused_face_2.gif
  sorry, maybe am to lazy, slow head!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back