Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Aug 8, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #4,382 of 5,568
i'm wondering how to pick right size those new tips. do they sell mix of them/one pair each size/ , by the chance ?

and where can i buy them in canada? westone gave shipping $25 .

Aug 8, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #4,383 of 5,568
You can buy a mixed pack (1 pair of each size) for $20 on ebay, I just got mine today and they are legit. That being said $20 is a lot just to use only 1 of the pairs. See if you can't get some friends to lend you some if they have.

Aug 8, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #4,384 of 5,568
Quote:
i'm wondering how to pick right size those new tips. do they sell mix of them/one pair each size/ , by the chance ?

and where can i buy them in canada? westone gave shipping $25 .

Contact Westone CS, and ask them to send a Sample pack! Like I do! My W4r at the time have buy them, (01/2013) the Stars tips was not included in the pack, so...
(Blk or Red is the more popular size)

goodluck!  (Y)

Aug 8, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #4,386 of 5,568
Hi guys,

I have now been using the Westone 4s' for quite some time, and it seems to be time for nice upgrades:p

I'm currently looking at some CIEMs, e.g. JH13Pros, ES5 etc. I love my Westone 4, so I'm seeking for a complete upgrade from it(of every aspect it has). 

Do you guys have any recommendations? Thank you:)

Aug 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #4,388 of 5,568
Quote:
Hi guys,

I have now been using the Westone 4s' for quite some time, and it seems to be time for nice upgrades:p

I'm currently looking at some CIEMs, e.g. JH13Pros, ES5 etc. I love my Westone 4, so I'm seeking for a complete upgrade from it(of every aspect it has). 

I think if you just want a full upgrade, most if not all CIEMS will do the job. But if you wish to retain the W4's signature, that's another thing.

Aug 8, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #4,389 of 5,568
Thank you for all your replies:)

I'm looking for a higher clarity and more details, with good mids and a large soundstage. It will be best to have a punchy bass
L3000.gif

Aug 8, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #4,391 of 5,568
Thank you for all your replies:)

I'm looking for a higher clarity and more details, with good mids and a large soundstage. It will be best to have a punchy bass
L3000.gif

JH13/16 FreqPhase? I think you will have to reveal what you listen to.

(Quoting from others)
Electronic/Bassy Stuff/Hip Hop:
JH13FP/16FP

Classical/Jazz/Lounge:
UM Miracles

Wide Variety of Tastes:
Fit Ear 335 (Really ex though)

Aug 8, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #4,392 of 5,568
Quote:
JH13/16 FreqPhase? I think you will have to reveal what you listen to.

(Quoting from others)
Electronic/Bassy Stuff/Hip Hop:
JH13FP/16FP

Classical/Jazz/Lounge:
UM Miracles

Wide Variety of Tastes:
Fit Ear 335 (Really ex though)

Wow these seem a bit too much for me... My budget is around $600, but used ones are perfectly fine for me. 
I mostly listen to some 80's-90's pop and some rock, along with J-Pop and anime songs.

Aug 8, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #4,393 of 5,568
Wow these seem a bit too much for me... My budget is around $600, but used ones are perfectly fine for me. 
I mostly listen to some 80's-90's pop and some rock, along with J-Pop and anime songs.

The problem is you can't fit used ones without a refit which will also cost you. With a budget of 600. I'm not trying to be offensive but is it possible for you to save a while longer? The thousand mark is where you get really tons of choices for you to pick.

Aug 8, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #4,395 of 5,568
Hi guys,

I was on this same path before and my w4r upgrade was the TG334. FITEAR had since released Parterre which is a bit less expensive but a great upgrade for w4r at about $1k.

At $600 level given your genre preference you may want also to check out aurisonic asg2 or rhasodio rdb1, more fun sounding and less polite than w4 but good IEMs at around $600.

Or as another poster pointed out just skip this round and go for the knockout with something better, or the best like Tralucent 1plus2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back