Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Jan 17, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #3,766 of 5,568
Hey guys! New Head Fi member here. About the new Westone "Star" tips, emailed my local distributor and she says that it will become available internationally in the next couple of weeks as a separate accessory. Don't know how true it is though, since she had trouble distinguishing complys and grey flexes, but fingers crossed! I cheekily asked her if she could get her sales rep (who was currently in US) to sneak a pair for me (I live in Singapore), and she said no...
mad.gif

Looking forward to these though, I've never had great luck finding a great fit with my W4 even after trying all the stock tips and Shure olives. I'm using the grey silicones at the moment but get too much sibilance from them.

Jan 18, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #3,767 of 5,568
Quote:
Hey guys! New Head Fi member here. About the new Westone "Star" tips, emailed my local distributor and she says that it will become available internationally in the next couple of weeks as a separate accessory. Don't know how true it is though, since she had trouble distinguishing complys and grey flexes, but fingers crossed! I cheekily asked her if she could get her sales rep (who was currently in US) to sneak a pair for me (I live in Singapore), and she said no...
mad.gif

Looking forward to these though, I've never had great luck finding a great fit with my W4 even after trying all the stock tips and Shure olives. I'm using the grey silicones at the moment but get too much sibilance from them.

Hi Shaun,

Have you tried to use the black Comply Tx-100 it suits well for me. (you can buy in AudioStore @ ION Orchard Road).

Jan 19, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #3,769 of 5,568
Quote:
mad.gif

hey ... since u dnt have a good fit with these do u find a one side of ur iems powerful than the other ( slightly? )

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #3,770 of 5,568
How are they with warranty ??

I just received a brand new set of 4R's from Earphone solutions and my left died with in the 1 st hour of listening. I just started getting back into music lately purchasing a used 80GB Ipod Video and a Fiio E11 to run my set of Vintage Grado SR60's. Send them an email tonight and I will see what happens tmr.

BTW I am really loving my rig with the SR60's and a LOD to the E11

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #3,771 of 5,568
I have had nothing but great dealings with WESTONE and Earphone Solutions regarding warranty work and repairs. One of the reasons I love their "phones so much... Just a great company and great products.

Jan 25, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #3,774 of 5,568
Quote:
How are they with warranty ??

I just received a brand new set of 4R's from Earphone solutions and my left died with in the 1 st hour of listening. I just started getting back into music lately purchasing a used 80GB Ipod Video and a Fiio E11 to run my set of Vintage Grado SR60's. Send them an email tonight and I will see what happens tmr.

BTW I am really loving my rig with the SR60's and a LOD to the E11

If you purchased from Earphone Solutions, its better to contact Westone directly. They will ask you for "proof of purchase' and reason for defect. Once they know something is wrong, they will send you an RMA for you to ship to them. Turn around is about 10 days.
If they cant fix it they will ship a new one!
Their service is outstanding and they take pride in caring for their customers.

Jan 25, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #3,776 of 5,568
If you have keep the invoice and still under warranty, just call Westone's local dealer in your country. I live in HK and purchased my w4r from earphonesolutions and got some problems, contacted Westone and they asked me to call the local dealer directly, and the local dealer will check the invoice and the IEM and send the defective IEM to Westone. 

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #3,777 of 5,568
I received and email for Earphone Solutions (Authorized Dealer) saying that because it is within the first 30 days, they would replace them. After that time it would warrantied by Westone directly.

So I dropped them of at the FedEx office and they are on there way back to ES.

I was really looking forward to these, guess I will have to wait another week

Bummer  
triportsad.gif

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #3,778 of 5,568
You should enjoy them.  I too upgraded to the W4 from the BA200.  I believe that it is a worthy upgrade though the BA200 is still a very good IEM

Now I'm even more excited lol! Great news! I liked the BA200s a lot and they are a great fit; with that being said and going through these forums, it made me want to see what else I'm missing; hence me purchasing the W4Rs. I figure after this, the next step will be customs.

What tips did you use on your BA200s and what tips do you use on your W4s?

Jan 25, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #3,780 of 5,568
I used comply tips on my ba200s because of comfort mostly. But for my W4s I am using the new star tips. They sound great.

Oh ok, thanks for the reply. I use the stock double flanges on the BA200s And they produce a great seal; are fairly comfortable for me though I've never worn them over 3 hours. I'm hoping to like the new star tips that I've been hearing about. Fingers crossed for a good fit and seal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back