Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Jun 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #2,911 of 5,568
Quote:
Thank you.

I pulled the plug for the Earportz tips that work well according to Ericp10 and others. Since the trial pack comes with all four sizes, once I get it, will put up for sale for the three pairs that don't fit me.

Trial pack comes with 3 sizes Bullet (Westone calls them bullet, Epic10 called them oval), 3 sizes mushroom, 2 sizes triple flange (if I remember correctly), 1 size short Comply Foam, 2 size long Comply Foam.

PS: I like bullet over oval...  It just sounds more bada**...  Just think about it, I'm using the bullet ear tips!

Jun 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #2,914 of 5,568
Quote:

Trial pack comes with 3 sizes Bullet (Westone calls them bullet, Epic10 called them oval), 3 sizes mushroom, 2 sizes triple flange (if I remember correctly), 1 size short Comply Foam, 2 size long Comply Foam.

PS: I like bullet over oval...  It just sounds more bada**...  Just think about it, I'm using the bullet ear tips!

You must have thought that I meant the Westone kit fit. Actually this is what I ordered:
http://www.earplugstore.com/proguard-earportz-earphone-adapters.html

Jun 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #2,916 of 5,568
Quote:
Yup, it does have a lot of bass, too much for me however. Highs hardly extend, however.

It does tame the highs a little, that is true.  The bullets tighten up the bass, extend the highs a bit.  More clarity throughout though. 

Jun 22, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #2,918 of 5,568
Quote:
True, but I found the muddiness to be almost unbearable with the grey tips... Maybe because I was comparing them to the DBA-02MKII.

I never got muddyness (I don't have DBA-02s, but do have Brainwavz B2s :p).

Jun 22, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #2,919 of 5,568
How big is the difference between amped/non-amped 4R. I'm looking for a new earphone for my IPT, but dont really wanna get into portable amp. 
confused_face.gif

Jun 23, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #2,923 of 5,568
I recently bought the W4 from Craigslist and was inspecting them for any damage (they appear to be new and the seller confirmed that they were only three weeks old). However, the filters inside the sound tubes appeared to be orange in colour. My older W3 had a white filter. It would be great if someone on the forum can confirm that Westone did change the filters to orange instead of the white ones being used in W3s.

Jun 23, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #2,924 of 5,568
Quote:
I recently bought the W4 from Craigslist and was inspecting them for any damage (they appear to be new and the seller confirmed that they were only three weeks old). However, the filters inside the sound tubes appeared to be orange in colour. My older W3 had a white filter. It would be great if someone on the forum can confirm that Westone did change the filters to orange instead of the white ones being used in W3s.

My 4R is orange if I see correctly... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back