Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Dec 20, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #2,476 of 5,568

Quote:
I agree.. I could never get a good fit with any comply..just my weird ears I guess. I have tried so many different tips and always seem to go back to the grey silicon. I use the olives sometimes still..but mostly the silicons. Recently got a bunch of pairs of earportz and had to list the unused ones for sale cuz I can't get the right fit with any of the sizes.

Same, it feels really weird when I use comply. I don't like the sound either.

Dec 20, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #2,477 of 5,568
Quote:
Same, it feels really weird when I use comply. I don't like the sound either.

I absolutely love their comfort, but they compromise the high end a tad too much for my liking. I almost always find myself using the Shure olives instead.

Dec 30, 2011 at 5:00 AM Post #2,483 of 5,568
THIS... they were made for jazz... even jazzandblues.org sounds amazing... I've pretty much been on a jazz binge at work... The non-fatiguing sound means I could probably listen for like 8 hours straight... though in practice it's more like 20-30 min stretches... and maybe 2-3 hours at home.

Quote:
Man, listening to Jazz and these things are just pure sex.  PB-2/DB-2 combo using Opamps and dummy adapters.

Jan 3, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #2,484 of 5,568
Guys i think i got wet on my pants nw.... i mean.. my w4s right side dosent seemed to balanced any more...( the bass isnt hitting on center.. if i say the real balance should be 0, the bass hits quite -1, wich mean pretty little to the left side) or i dnt knw wheathr is it a fit issue or nt.... but my friends also said that their is smthing fishy abt the budz.....  so i changed the tips to Klipsch x10i tips... and the problam seemed to be a bit resolved... but yet the bass isnt thumping on center...

does any one has xp on this kind of a issue??

sorry abt my unclear description .. cuz im kinda panic + drunk alot...
ph34r.gif

Jan 3, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #2,485 of 5,568

Quote:
Guys i think i got wet on my pants nw.... i mean.. my w4s right side dosent seemed to balanced any more...( the bass isnt hitting on center.. if i say the real balance should be 0, the bass hits quite -1, wich mean pretty little to the left side) or i dnt knw wheathr is it a fit issue or nt.... but my friends also said that their is smthing fishy abt the budz.....  so i changed the tips to Klipsch x10i tips... and the problam seemed to be a bit resolved... but yet the bass isnt thumping on center...

does any one has xp on this kind of a issue??

sorry abt my unclear description .. cuz im kinda panic + drunk alot...
ph34r.gif

I kinda had that issue as well, I forgot which, but I noticed that one side held more "power" than the other side and I was afraid that the driver on one blew or something.

But it's fine. 
So to reassure you, no, it's not only you.

Any other W4 users had this problem as well?

Jan 3, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #2,486 of 5,568
so isnt it a driver problam???? is it a manufacture prob?? i mean are they have a drive balance miss match or somthing by default?

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #2,488 of 5,568
i still can send it for warenty.....!!! im still thinking of sending or nt untill i proply knw whats with this...... + did any one seen the w4r has sm crappy info abt the driver balance??? { +/- 2db match}  which means they say the drivers on w4R are 100% balanced... dose it means theas are slightly not???

Jan 3, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #2,489 of 5,568

Quote:
i still can send it for warenty.....!!! im still thinking of sending or nt untill i proply knw whats with this...... + did any one seen the w4r has sm crappy info abt the driver balance??? { +/- 2db match}  which means they say the drivers on w4R are 100% balanced... dose it means theas are slightly not???

no that means your w4 is malfunctioning. the same thing happened to mine, and i sent them in and got a brand new pair that was perfectly matched. 

Jan 3, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #2,490 of 5,568
ah... great! cuz i already arrenged the shipping back... and how long were you using ur new w4s? cuz i dnt want to take any risk and ship it back... too much costy!!. i can almost buy a shure 315 with the shiping cost ... lol so have to be shure that westone wont screw up again with me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back