Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Dec 15, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #2,447 of 5,568

Quote:
Why not just get custom tips done for them instead?

I have been noodling with this idea.  I get a good fit and seal with Tx-100's on UM3X's, but the W4's sit a bit farther out.  The Comply P-Series solved the fit issue. Just terrific fit and seal.  But I am still on the fence on UM-56's.  I want them but not sure whether the $$ will be well spent -- that is $200 that could be going into ES5's. Decisions, decisions...

Dec 15, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #2,448 of 5,568
Quote:
Oooh, just got my EarPortz in. Will report back later vs. Olives.

Quote:
X2.. I just did an A/Bing session of those two tips the other day, but I rather read what you think first...
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Just got some earportz today.

I'm considering these as well. Would really appreciate it if you fellas can provide impressions... 

Dec 15, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #2,449 of 5,568
As I stated in the thread..I kinda screwed up on the sizes. I am having a little luck with the medium now that I'm learning better placement, but will have a better impression with a small I think. However what I am hearing to my ears is a little deeper bass and even more forward mids and the highs come out better too. I didn't have a problem with the bass as it was but I am enjoying the extra kick I'm getting. After years in this hobby, I still lack the right words to describe correctly what I'm trying to say. I am very much liking what I hear though and will quickly order a few pair of small earportz.

Dec 16, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #2,451 of 5,568
The earportz are a definite upgrade from the stock Westone tips. Was using the large grey oval silicone tips before getting the earportz and upon hearing the earportz for the first time I didn't like them so I went back to the oval tips. But then I remembered when I first heard the Westone 4's I wasn't blown away and gave it time so I decided to give the earportz another try. Long story short I use the earportz all the time. Compared to the grey oval silicone tips the earportz open up the sound stage and everything is clearer. Bass is definitely improved. Imaging instrument separation are fantastic. 

Also, like Del Griffith, I first bought large and x-large tips since I used the large oval silicone tips but this was a mistake. I now use medium earportz with added spacers for a better and deeper fit.

Also, the sizes listed on the earplugstore website and the size indicated on the actual earportz tips are not the same. Earplugstore has the sizes as XS, S, M, and L but the sizes indicated on the actual tips go from S, M, L, and XL.

I highly recommend the earportz.

Dec 16, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #2,452 of 5,568

Quote:
The earportz are a definite upgrade from the stock Westone tips. Was using the large grey oval silicone tips before getting the earportz and upon hearing the earportz for the first time I didn't like them so I went back to the oval tips. But then I remembered when I first heard the Westone 4's I wasn't blown away and gave it time so I decided to give the earportz another try. Long story short I use the earportz all the time. Compared to the grey oval silicone tips the earportz open up the sound stage and everything is clearer. Bass is definitely improved. Imaging instrument separation are fantastic. 

Also, like Del Griffith, I first bought large and x-large tips since I used the large oval silicone tips but this was a mistake. I now use medium earportz with added spacers for a better and deeper fit.

Also, the sizes listed on the earplugstore website and the size indicated on the actual earportz tips are not the same. Earplugstore has the sizes as XS, S, M, and L but the sizes indicated on the actual tips go from S, M, L, and XL.

I highly recommend the earportz.

How's the noise isolation and comfort of earportz compared to olives? Thanks

Dec 16, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #2,453 of 5,568
Just wanna throw out my experience with the earportz - sizing on the thing is a bitch and getting a good fit is hard. I was just as excited as others to try this out, but I feel that these things aren't very forgiving to anatomical differences and getting a good seal is the most important thing for any tip. 

Personally sticking with comply T series size large for now.

Dec 16, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #2,455 of 5,568

Quote:
Just wanna throw out my experience with the earportz - sizing on the thing is a bitch and getting a good fit is hard. I was just as excited as others to try this out, but I feel that these things aren't very forgiving to anatomical differences and getting a good seal is the most important thing for any tip. 

Personally sticking with comply T series size large for now.

I hear yeah! Had to customize mine to get a real good fit. Definitely worth it though!

Dec 17, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #2,459 of 5,568

Quote:
Just tried the grey tips, and sq is better than comply... seems like comply is limiting the comply. Can't wait for the earportz to arrive ^_^... 

How about sony hybrid tips(workaround with comply/olive inner tube) is it better than earportz?

Don't have any experience with the Sony hybrids either. Would like to try them though...come to think of it, I'm going to the mall tomorrow, and there's a Sony store there...I may buy some.
Will they work on the W4 with the inner tubes of comply's?

Dec 17, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #2,460 of 5,568

Quote:
Don't have any experience with the Sony hybrids either. Would like to try them though...come to think of it, I'm going to the mall tomorrow, and there's a Sony store there...I may buy some.
Will they work on the W4 with the inner tubes of comply's?

Not sure if its olive tube or comply that I read last night, only one way to find out :wink:. Let us know the outcome =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back