Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Mar 11, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #1,231 of 5,568

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think any store online store sells the W4 for the MRSP or above. The MRSP is I think around the $639,- . The official Westone site sells it for $449,-. http://www.westonemusicproducts.com/catalog/westone-4-quad-driver-earphone

The authorized dealership in EU, Variphone sells it for around €365. This is where I bought mine.
http://www.variphone.com/en/in-ear-monitors/consumer-series/westone-4

Edit: Wrong URL

can not find a webshop from variphone. where did you buy it?

I bought mine at Variphone Netherlands. I was pretty lucky that the official dealership of Westone was placed in the Benelux. Made everything a whole lot easier for me. GREAT service. I got a discount because I was the first one to order the W4 from them. I didn't ask for it or anything, that is just awesome.

Quote:
Ordered my pair from the Westone website yesterday with Overnight shipping. Anyone ever order from their website? I keep checking my order status for the Status to be completed with no tracking/shipping info yet. What time do they usually ship the product? Thanks.

Are you talking about Variphone or Westone in the USA? I see alot of people in this topic order it from Earphone Solutions. Just send them a email and ask them about your order, mabye they got some info on it.

Mar 12, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #1,232 of 5,568
Hi Guys
bigsmile_face.gif

I bought mine from an authorized great Westone seller, . I was pretty lucky to get the W4 for the price of W3 ( £ 254 shipping included to UK), they should arrive sometimes end of next week.
I will ask him if he allow me to put a link here or PM if he agree to sell to more at such a low price. I will let you know when i receive them.
Happy and waiting at the moment.Must get a Mustabg P51 and Fuze V1 Rockbox to bring those babies alive.Levi
once again smile
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 12, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #1,233 of 5,568

Quote:
Hi Guys
bigsmile_face.gif

I bought mine from an authorized great Westone seller, . I was pretty lucky to get the W4 for the price of W3 ( £ 254 shipping included to UK), they should arrive sometimes end of next week.
I will ask him if he allow me to put a link here or PM if he agree to sell to more at such a low price. I will let you know when i receive them.
Happy and waiting at the moment.Must get a Mustabg P51 and Fuze V1 Rockbox to bring those babies alive.Levi
once again smile
bigsmile_face.gif

Welcome to the W4 fanclub.  They really are great regardless of source.  I'm just as happy listening to them from my J3, iPhone, Clip+ or through my D4.  They scale well, but an amp isn't required.  Enjoy...

Mar 12, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #1,235 of 5,568
Sweet deal!

Will you have to pay taxes on top or are they from within the EU?

Quote:
Hi Guys
bigsmile_face.gif

once again smile
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 12, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #1,236 of 5,568

Quote:
Can you tell me if they sound better with Clip+ or J3.Does a Amp will make them sound better?thanks

If you're on the go and can tell the difference between the Clip+ and the J3 with no effects/EQ, using the same exact file, more power to you.  I think the W4's sound great with both.  I do the majority of my listening through my iBasso D4 fed by my PC (Foobar2k).  My iBasso has a different Opamp (Hiflight's topkit) and makes everything sound great.  The differences Amped vs. unamped are subtle, but they are there.  It comes down to the amp you're using as to the effects it will have.  While I love my D4, I could live with the W4's and any of my portables and be completely satisfied.

Mar 12, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #1,239 of 5,568

Quote:
If you're on the go and can tell the difference between the Clip+ and the J3 with no effects/EQ, using the same exact file, more power to you.  I think the W4's sound great with both.  I do the majority of my listening through my iBasso D4 fed by my PC (Foobar2k).  My iBasso has a different Opamp (Hiflight's topkit) and makes everything sound great.  The differences Amped vs. unamped are subtle, but they are there.  It comes down to the amp you're using as to the effects it will have.  While I love my D4, I could live with the W4's and any of my portables and be completely satisfied.

x2 i could live with w4 alone also. no need to upgrade anymore...

Mar 13, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #1,241 of 5,568
Don't get me wrong I love the W4
biggrin.gif
but before I had the W4, I had the Sennheiser CX400-II. But I find it a little bit sad I got this huge of an upgrade. I don't know if such an upgrade is a good thing or a bad thing but there were alot of other IEM's I wanted to try out like the IE8, TF10, Westone 3, SM3, the UM3X and many others. Like people in this topic say that they don't have the need to upgrade anymore after they the Westone 4. It just feels like I am missing out on alot. But if I buy one of those IEM's I think it will just feel like a downgrade and I will go back to my Westone 4.

I think the next time I need some new IEM's I won't buy IEM's that are atleast equal to the Westone 4... The only option that comes to my mind is to try out customs.

Mar 13, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #1,242 of 5,568

Quote:
Don't get me wrong I love the W4
biggrin.gif
but before I had the W4, I had the Sennheiser CX400-II. But I find it a little bit sad I got this huge of an upgrade. I don't know if such an upgrade is a good thing or a bad thing but there were alot of other IEM's I wanted to try out like the IE8, TF10, Westone 3, SM3, the UM3X and many others. Like people in this topic say that they don't have the need to upgrade anymore after they the Westone 4. It just feels like I am missing out on alot. But if I buy one of those IEM's I think it will just feel like a downgrade and I will go back to my Westone 4.

I think the next time I need some new IEM's I won't buy IEM's that are atleast equal to the Westone 4... The only option that comes to my mind is to try out customs.

Well, I went the other way.. I tried a bunch of options before working my way up.  If I had gone right to the W3 (like I wanted to) I would have saved a bunch of money along the way.  I will say that It was a good learning experience.  I learned about what I was hearing and what to listen for and I was lucky enough to find a handful of members that heard things like I do.  That made it easier to choose the next step based on their impressions.  Had I trusted my gut, I would have found Earvana in the W3 (and ultimately the W4) a little faster.  While my ultimate journey may be over for a while it's still fun to find lower priced "fun" IEM's for a different listen.  If nothing else, your wallet thanks you :)

Mar 13, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #1,243 of 5,568

Quote:
Well, I went the other way.. I tried a bunch of options before working my way up.  If I had gone right to the W3 (like I wanted to) I would have saved a bunch of money along the way.  I will say that It was a good learning experience.  I learned about what I was hearing and what to listen for and I was lucky enough to find a handful of members that heard things like I do.  That made it easier to choose the next step based on their impressions.  Had I trusted my gut, I would have found Earvana in the W3 (and ultimately the W4) a little faster.  While my ultimate journey may be over for a while it's still fun to find lower priced "fun" IEM's for a different listen.  If nothing else, your wallet thanks you :)

Ha!  I think either way you end up spending the money, whether it be on higher end or lower end first.  One thing's for sure, its addicting.  I'm not sure if we listen to the same music but your description of why you enjoyed the W3, in this very thread, convinced me to buy them over the W4.  I've really enjoyed them with hard/heavy/sleaze rock, which is a genre that is usually more about fun than revealing detail; and is the main genre I listen to.  However I still would like to hear the W4...

Mar 13, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #1,244 of 5,568
I don't have the W4 yet, they should come next week, but from what i've read around i heard that they sound very very good compared to W3.
They took them 2 years to create the W3 wich sounded great, imagine how W4 will sound based on the over 50 years experience from the guys at Westone.
From now i will buy only Westone IEM: happy with their service, quality, build and sound.
Levi

Mar 13, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #1,245 of 5,568
Hey Spud

Didn't know they did Westones at AMP3 - it's 10% off this weekend too, may drop in for a browse
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:
That is a great deal. I paid £319 from AMP3, but still recon they are worth it......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back