Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Aug 22, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #2,146 of 5,568
Well, I guess I was having too much of a good thing. Just as the W4's sound signature was really starting to agree with me the right drivers went completely out on me on Saturday. The bass came back today with a little bit of mids and treble out of the right, and of course the sound is completely unbalanced now. Talked to Westone and I'm sure they will do the right thing. I'm not ready to give up on Westone. Hopefully they will replace them with a none defective pair. So not the GR07 will carry most of my commuting weight. I am kind of shocked that I would have a problem with Westone so soon. I haven't owned the W4 for even a full month yet.

Aug 22, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #2,147 of 5,568

did they just crap out on their own? that's really shocking o_O

at least westone is known for their awesome CS. let us know how they resolve it! 

Quote:
Well, I guess I was having too much of a good thing. Just as the W4's sound signature was really starting to agree with me the right drivers went completely out on me on Saturday. The bass came back today with a little bit of mids and treble out of the right, and of course the sound is completely unbalanced now. Talked to Westone and I'm sure they will do the right thing. I'm not ready to give up on Westone. Hopefully they will replace them with a none defective pair. So not the GR07 will carry most of my commuting weight. I am kind of shocked that I would have a problem with Westone so soon. I haven't owned the W4 for even a full month yet.

Aug 22, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #2,148 of 5,568

Quote:

I had all the drivers except the bass blown out on both sides in two months time. I was really shocked that it happened to a Westone product since my severval years old UM2 is still in impeccable condition. Sorry to hear about your W4, must be a bummer. Don't worry thou, they will replace it. I wonder what's up with the quality of these so called top tier iems, Shure with their cable socket issue and Westone with their drivers.

Aug 22, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #2,149 of 5,568
Yep. It was like, "I'm tired of pumping this music, so I quit..." lol *Shrugs*

Quote:
did they just crap out on their own? that's really shocking o_O

at least westone is known for their awesome CS. let us know how they resolve it! 

Aug 22, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #2,150 of 5,568
@ericp, man ,All that trumpet music pumping out at full blast was bound to blow your drivers sooner or later !
popcorn.gif
  lol

Only kidding buddy, sorry to hear that about your w4,i hope you get the problem resolved soon .

Aug 22, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #2,151 of 5,568

lol.. Thanks @ lucozade. I've been in touch with Westone. They've been right on top of it. I think it will be resolved soon.
beerchug.gif

Quote:
@ericp, man ,All that trumpet music pumping out at full blast was bound to blow your drivers sooner or later !
popcorn.gif
  lol

Only kidding buddy, sorry to hear that about your w4,i hope you get the problem resolved soon .

Aug 22, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #2,152 of 5,568
Quote:

Quote:
I had all the drivers except the bass blown out on both sides in two months time. I was really shocked that it happened to a Westone product since my severval years old UM2 is still in impeccable condition. Sorry to hear about your W4, must be a bummer. Don't worry thou, they will replace it. I wonder what's up with the quality of these so called top tier iems, Shure with their cable socket issue and Westone with their drivers.

Wow, that's a little disconcerting. Anyone else's W4 go out on them??

Aug 22, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #2,153 of 5,568
Glad to hear that buddy,at least your on the right side of the pond so it should not be too much hassle to get them repaired and you have plenty of other phones in your arsenal to keep you occupied 
basshead.gif

Quote:
lol.. Thanks @ lucozade. I've been in touch with Westone. They've been right on top of it. I think it will be resolved soon.
beerchug.gif

Aug 22, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #2,154 of 5,568

Quote:
Glad to hear that buddy,at least your on the right side of the pond so it should not be too much hassle to get them repaired and you have plenty of other phones in your arsenal to keep you occupied 
basshead.gif

Speaking of others, did you order the GR07?

Aug 22, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #2,155 of 5,568

Quote:
Speaking of others, did you order the GR07?

No,i have been enjoying the w4 so much  i have not felt the need to take the plunge yet,but i guess i should see for my self what they are like but i am undecided which i would find more interesting at this point, the gro7 or the sony ex1000 ,are they really that much better than the other dymanic driver phones i have? ,you know the kind of music i listen to, which one do you feel would serve me best.?

Aug 22, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #2,157 of 5,568

Quote:
where you guys using it just for casual listening when it stopped working? or do you guys take your w4 to the gym and stuff and do more active things with them?

Just casual listening for me.

Aug 22, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #2,158 of 5,568

Quote:

No,i have been enjoying the w4 so much  i have not felt the need to take the plunge yet,but i guess i should see for my self what they are like but i am undecided which i would find more interesting at this point, the gro7 or the sony ex1000 ,are they really that much better than the other dymanic driver phones i have? ,you know the kind of music i listen to, which one do you feel would serve me best.?

The EX1000 is technically better, but the for what you listen to definitely the GR07. It will remind you of a dynamic version of the W4 (the GR07 that is). The EX1000 is great but different from the GR07 and W4. But before we get fussed at about take this thread off course, hit me in my inbox with any futher questions.

Aug 23, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #2,160 of 5,568
Picking up a FiiO E11 today from the post office to try with my W4s. Was just watching a movie last night with them and some of the explosions and deep rumbles were phenominal! Currently I'm trying them with the Shure Olives, and although they don't isolate as well as the triple flanges, the do sound quite good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back