Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Mar 3, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #511 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are 10 secret (no I'm not naming them) participants in a 3Custom Beta program. When we start the final development of the 3custom they are all going to get a set and then post their feedback here in the forums.

do they all know who they are or are some of us going to be pleasantly surprised?
tongue.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #512 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do they all know who they are or are some of us going to be pleasantly surprised?
tongue.gif

It'll all be a big surprise. I'm sure the Custom3's will be a "one size fits all" custom IEM.
icon10.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #513 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No.... there is not a way to add one more.

LOL. What if one met an unfortunate demise? Bwahahahah :wink:

Looking forward to reading the reviews and comparisons (hope those 10 have the triple.fi and E500 to compare against :wink:

Mar 3, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #514 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by kenyee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL. What if one met an unfortunate demise? Bwahahahah :wink:

Looking forward to reading the reviews and comparisons (hope those 10 have the triple.fi and E500 to compare against :wink:

Now thats just not nice!!!
evil_smiley.gif

But very Funny!
wink.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #516 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure they've chosen folk that have heard at least one custom, maybe even no one from Head-Fi (blasphemy!). I hope to hear comparisons to the E500 and UE-10.

The E500 isn't even in the same league as the ES2. I'm sure the Custom 3 will be at least as good as the ES2, more than likely better. Wouldn't mind seeing a comparison between the ES2, Custom 3, and UE-10.

Mar 3, 2007 at 12:34 PM Post #519 of 2,524
I'm not sure if this is mentioned in previous post and it's too many for me to read thru all.

What kind of soundstage is expected from Westone 3? Will it be similar to UM2? Vocal front and music more laid back?

Mar 3, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #520 of 2,524
Has anyone heard of these being shipped? I ordered from americantechpushers yesterday and on the site it says I won't be billed till they ship... I got billed today for the total amount. I didn't think they were shipping ALREADY.

Mar 3, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #521 of 2,524
Unless powderhound's been yankin' our chain
wink.gif
I would be very surprised if they were shipping. Perhaps ATP pulled the trigger a little early on charging your card?

Mar 3, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #522 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvdonly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif
I would be very surprised if they were shipping. Perhaps ATP pulled the trigger a little early on charging your card?

Yeah I would assume it was ATP pulling the trigger but didn't know if anyone else heard anything. By what the thread has been saying I don't even think they are done yet, let alone shipping from dealers.

Mar 3, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #524 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvdonly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

It'd be nice if the delay had been an early April Fools.

Mar 3, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #525 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm assuming that with customs, a better fit equals a better seal equals better sound. But is that the only reason, or are there other differences in terms of construction/drivers/etc. ?

Yes a custom will give you a better seal and it will enhance the sound. The real difference comes in the construction. In the universal series you have a single "sound tube" AKA the nozzle for all 2 or 3 drivers to use. In a custom, each driver has it's own "sound tube" inside the canal portion of the mold. These "sound tubes" are also larger in diameter then the nozzle of a universal fit. The more the sound waves can move (with in reason) inside before they get to your ear, the better the clarity. The better the clarity, the better the listening experience. I could go more into detail, but that is the basic mechanics behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back