Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Mar 1, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #496 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
p0wderh0und, any update on the included tips? did you let the pow(d)ers that be know that we really want an need an included biflange (and failing that, at least another triflange so we can mod it ourselves if you can't/won't supply it that way)? thanks for taking our feedback into consideration prior to production. and while asking about updates, any more info about colors, the production schedule, release date, etc?

The accessories that are included are as follows:

tips:
S,M,L grey "mushroom tip" - like those in the images posted
S,M,L clear "bullet tips"
S,M,L platnium Comply Tips
1 set Tri-flange

other
1/8" - 1/4" adapter
inline volume control (3" cable with volume attenuator)
zipper pouch

The only way we could do the biflange was to cut them ourselves, so that was not included. But hey I asked ! :wink:

The first color will be the black like in the images. I will have actual final product images posted (hopefully) early next week with the accessories and such. We are still looking at other color offerings that will follow this year.

Right now we have settled on a street price of $399.00. There are no forseable reasons this will change.

More to come .... (soon)

Mar 1, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #497 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tips:
S,M,L grey "mushroom tip" - like those in the images posted
S,M,L clear "bullet tips"
S,M,L platnium Comply Tips
1 set Tri-flange
other
1/8" - 1/4" adapter
inline volume control (3" cable with volume attenuator)
zipper pouch
The only way we could do the biflange was to cut them ourselves, so that was not included. But hey I asked ! :wink:

your asking is truly appreciated but could you possibly go back and ask them to toss in one more set of triflanges so we can make our own biflanges out of them?
is it also possible to include a 2->1 prong adaptor for airline seats? i don't think i'm asking you guys to break the bank here, after all it is a $400 phone.

Quote:

The first color will be the black like in the images. I will have actual final product images posted (hopefully) early next week with the accessories and such. We are still looking at other color offerings that will follow this year.

do you have any idea of how long it'll take before the other color options (especially perhaps the single most requested one - CLEAR) will be offered?

Quote:

Right now we have settled on a street price of $399.00. There are no forseable reasons this will change.

will there be an early adopter head-fi special price offered, as previously mentioned as a possibility? hey, i'll be the first in line for a set of clear 3s with the extra triflanges and airplane plug adaptor for the h-f price of $300!
icon10.gif

Mar 1, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #499 of 2,524
Quote:

zipper pouch

More to come .... (soon)

Hello p0wderh0und

Can Westone improve the quality of the zipper pouch handle?
I give Westone credit that they did think about the handle because the Shure ones dont have one.
However, I would prefer if the attached handle was made of leather. I always go to work without a bag so I usually have my book and my UM2 pouch.

I used the pouch for about a month and the handle came off. The pouch itself is good. Please try and give us a leather handle that will be great.

Mar 1, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #500 of 2,524
Quote:

your asking is truly appreciated but could you possibly go back and ask them to toss in one more set of triflanges so we can make our own biflanges out of them?
is it also possible to include a 2->1 prong adaptor for airline seats? i don't think i'm asking you guys to break the bank here, after all it is a $400 phone.

me.. me.. me.. shessh ! :wink: j/k

There are things called margins and such. If we threw everything we (or everyone else) could think of it would cost a whole lot more, believe me I'm working on the numbers today. Also we want to allow our dealers to throw freebies and such in there. For example I know for a while EarophoneSolutions.com was offering a free airline adapter with orders. If we put them in there, it would steal from the "extras" and "incentives" that the dealers can offer you.

As for a Head-fi "intro price", "group buy" etc, not in the best intrest of the product launch from us. We'd rather you buy the product from one of our amazing dealers and not steal a sale from them.

Color options are still being discussed. No time table is set. Think mid/late summer at the EARLIEST.

As for the pouch, the 3 has a completly redeisgned pouch. It's more inline with the one supplied with the ER4's and not what we did with the UM's. It's nice and has ample room for your earphones and an extra set of tips.

Customs are on the back burner until we get the 3 launched. We want this right and we want it right the first time, so all efforts are focused on that the next few weeks. Right now, it LOOKS like mid-summer for the 3Custom. That may change, we may get it nailed down sooner... or later. I'll keep you posted. Hey I want a final version to, so believe me I'm pushing for it.

Oh and a side note... 500th POST ON THIS THREAD BABY !!!

Mar 2, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #501 of 2,524
One other question, if you please. Is the length of the cable the same as the UM2s as well as the length from the earpiece to the Y connection?

Also glad to hear its a new case, I cut that little loop thingy off my case. Yech.

Mar 2, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #502 of 2,524
Quote:

Customs are on the back burner until we get the 3 launched. We want this right and we want it right the first time, so all efforts are focused on that the next few weeks. Right now, it LOOKS like mid-summer for the 3Custom. That may change, we may get it nailed down sooner... or later. I'll keep you posted. Hey I want a final version to, so believe me I'm pushing for it.

Haha, thanks for the update ph0und. I agree with you on the margin stuff. It's not so realistic to include a bunch of extras for your asking price (or at least I'd imagine).

I'm glad you're focused on getting it right the first time. I guess I can wait for mid-summer (or late summer if it goes that way). Thanks again.

Mar 2, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #503 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, thanks for the update ph0und. I agree with you on the margin stuff. It's not so realistic to include a bunch of extras for your asking price (or at least I'd imagine).

I'm glad you're focused on getting it right the first time. I guess I can wait for mid-summer (or late summer if it goes that way). Thanks again.

I feel for you guys that are waiting for the customs. I can hardly wait for the universals to come out this month! I probably check this thread fives times a day looking for updates.

I can't believe it... I've only been a member of head-fi for a week and I'm already exhibiting stalker-like symptoms.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 2, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #504 of 2,524
Quote:

As for a Head-fi "intro price", "group buy" etc, not in the best intrest of the product launch from us.

I was wondering why you folks would do this as well, but hoped it was some special arrangement you had w/ Head-Fi for putting the thread on their main page for so long :p

Not sure if your marketing department has a budget for this, but they might consider giving away a few in a drawing for head-fi posters in this thread in return for the the posters putting up reviews of them at product launch...I'd even put the review up in my tech blog :wink:

Mar 2, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #505 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by kenyee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was wondering why you folks would do this as well, but hoped it was some special arrangement you had w/ Head-Fi for putting the thread on their main page for so long :p

Not sure if your marketing department has a budget for this, but they might consider giving away a few in a drawing for head-fi posters in this thread in return for the the posters putting up reviews of them at product launch...I'd even put the review up in my tech blog :wink:

We actually pay to have this thread on Head-fi.

As for the "freebies" that already happened. There are 10 secret (no I'm not naming them) participants in a 3Custom Beta program. When we start the final development of the 3custom they are all going to get a set and then post their feedback here in the forums. Right now we are at ALPHA (that is what I have now). They are good but not good enough. Once the Westone 3 launches the custom program will kick into gear.

Mar 2, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #507 of 2,524
Quote:

There are 10 secret (no I'm not naming them) participants in a 3Custom Beta program.

No. the Beta Group is full.
No.. there are no more spaces.
No... we are not looking for more people.
No.... there is not a way to add one more.

Mar 2, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #508 of 2,524
Quote:

No. the Beta Group is full.
No.. there are no more spaces.
No... we are not looking for more people.
No.... there is not a way to add one more.

So that means I can get in?!? AWESOME!! haha j/k

Just preordered! woot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back