Westone 3, will they satisfy me?
Jul 6, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #16 of 17
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, perfectly fitted W3 sounds absolutely sublime...

I get perfect fit and seal if I use Atrio's triple flange - but the fact that its fat body makes my ear very unconfortable after 20-25 mins.

The bass should be big, but tight and punchy, think of TF10 but much more refined - IMHO

man i wish i could get used to those triple flanges. just cant stand the things!

Jul 7, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #17 of 17
I have these and I don't like them. I thought maybe they'd just burn in but it never happened for me. quite the opposite actually it wears you out listening to them for too long. I used to listen to a lot of classic rock as well and a bit of metal and heaps of early 90's grunge rock. my problem is it brings the bass guitar forward so much that its distracting and its just too much. My fav tips are the triple flangers but i can't use them on the 3's cause its ridiculously bassy and thick. Using olive tips makes it better but its still too much.

On a separate note, if you like the sound and wanna use triple flangers you can actually soak them in hot water, dry them (but make sure they're still moist) and leave them in your ears for a while. do it a few times and they actually get softer. I did this and had them really nice and soft on my westone 2's and they were my favourite things to wear. awesome isolation and it feels secure in ur ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back