Westone 2 True-Fit IEM Appreciation & Impressions Thread...
Mar 5, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #244 of 441
Honestly, with that diverse music, I don't think you can do much better at the $200 range but I'm sure some people may prefer a different IEM. Like Headphone Addict and I both stated in our reviews, while you can surely find an IEM that will do a certain criteria better, the W2 does EVERYTHING very, very well. I can't really point to any single aspect about it that is even average or below. Bass, midrange, treble, soundstage...all are "very good". The only thing the W3 has on it is a little bit more extension on treble and bass but many would consider W3 a bit more unbalanced because of this. Yes, I still prefer W3 by a small margin but if I were going away for a month somewhere traveling, I would be completely content with the W2's.

Edit: The increased extension with W3 is really on the bass. Treble is pretty much the same on both.

Mar 6, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #245 of 441
Thanks for the input. Very good all-around, just the words I wanted to hear. Strongly considering it now
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #247 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honestly, with that diverse music, I don't think you can do much better at the $200 range but I'm sure some people may prefer a different IEM. Like Headphone Addict and I both stated in our reviews, while you can surely find an IEM that will do a certain criteria better, the W2 does EVERYTHING very, very well. I can't really point to any single aspect about it that is even average or below. Bass, midrange, treble, soundstage...all are "very good". The only thing the W3 has on it is a little bit more extension on treble and bass but many would consider W3 a bit more unbalanced because of this. Yes, I still prefer W3 by a small margin but if I were going away for a month somewhere traveling, I would be completely content with the W2's.

I forgot to mention that it is THE MOST comfy, most ergonomically correct IEM I have ever worn. It's like wearing a custom. From sleeping to sky-diving this IEM won't budge.

Mar 6, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #248 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnoford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ordered the W2's from iheadphones.co.uk today and should hopefully be with me tomorrow. I C A N N O T wait!!!

Hmm, let us know what the service is like from there please. Very tempted to get a westone from there. Now just trying to decide between um1, westone 1 and the 2!

Cheers.

Mar 7, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #249 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidcotton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, let us know what the service is like from there please. Very tempted to get a westone from there. Now just trying to decide between um1, westone 1 and the 2!

Cheers.

I ordered them friday afternoon and received them saturday morning with £5.99 postage. They're really good. Was in constant conversation with them over price, warranty etc and their reply was virtually instant. I really recommend thme. As i do with the W2's. Incredible IEM's. Probably the most comfortable, detailed and clear IEM's i've owned. Best £180 i've spent. Listening to them as i type with Scratch Perverts, and although the bass isn't quite as deep as i would like the sheer clarity of them more than makes up for it and makes them so easy to listen to.

Mar 7, 2010 at 9:06 AM Post #250 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnoford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered them friday afternoon and received them saturday morning with £5.99 postage. They're really good. Was in constant conversation with them over price, warranty etc and their reply was virtually instant. I really recommend thme. As i do with the W2's. Incredible IEM's. Probably the most comfortable, detailed and clear IEM's i've owned. Best £180 i've spent. Listening to them as i type with Scratch Perverts, and although the bass isn't quite as deep as i would like the sheer clarity of them more than makes up for it and makes them so easy to listen to.

Thanks.

How easy is it to put them on and how good is the isolation? Also what source are you using? Just about talked myself into the W2's but just need a little convincing over the £60 odd difference over the 1's.

Cheers.

Mar 7, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #251 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidcotton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks.

How easy is it to put them on and how good is the isolation? Also what source are you using? Just about talked myself into the W2's but just need a little convincing over the £60 odd difference over the 1's.

Cheers.

I'm currently using an iphone. I have to admit and still finding them fiddly to put in, i think it's because i'm a) used to bigger IEM's like Shure and UE, and b) using the comply foam tips which are fantastic but again i'm used to using the silicone tips. They're so small i was shocked when i held them; expected them to be bigger. But they are incredibilly comfortable to wear and the isolation is fantastic. I haven't used the silicone tips yet so can't comment but with the comply tips you hear nothing but music. Last night i stood next to the kettle boiling and didn't hear it at all.

I was going to spend more on the triple.fi's or even the W3's but the reviews and comments on these won me over. If you can afford to spend the extra 60 do it. Plus everyone says the leap in quality between the W1's and 2's is far greater than between the W2's and 3's or UM3X's.

Mar 8, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #252 of 441
Cheers for the answers. Couple of quick questions then its time to make a decision. How robust are these things? I'm intending these to be a pair that I use daily at work. Thats why I'm a little hesitant on dropping nearly £200 on them (plus I haven't spent that sort of money on in ear headphones before, though I do have a good quality (mission, marantz)system.

Seen a pair of the 1's on ebay for under £100 inc P+P though I'm a little hesitant on getting a set like this through ebay, even though the seller had good feedback, good idea or stick with sites like iheadphones or headphones.co.uk?

Cheers.

Mar 8, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #253 of 441
It's obviously your money and your decision. However i would think long and hard about it, maybe even try and get in touch with Westone about the seller, see if he's registered. Are they second hand or new? I got in touch with iheadphones.co.uk asking them if they could beat a price on amazon marketplace for some IE8's. They were selling them for about £135, 45 less than iheadphones.co.uk and they told me there is no chance any legit seller could sell that cheap. It's obviously different and the money difference is larger but it makes you think. Maybe the guy is cool and you have yourself a great deal. But if they're faulty you've lost £100 and have to spend at least that, maybe more again (and you could've bought W2's with that).

Post him on here and see if anybody else has bought from him/knows if he's sound. But if you're unsure may be it's a sign. Personally i would go with iheadphones.co.uk. Paying for that little bit extra guarantees that safety.

As for the other question; depends really. I try and be careful with mine. If i'm using them they're in my ears and believe me they will not fall out, and when i'm not listening i keep them in the case. They seem well made but are probably as robust as any pair and will get damaged like any pair if drop them, get them wet.

I'm just an average guy enjoying expensive IEM's and i hope this helps.

Mar 9, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #254 of 441
contact westone about ebay sellers, they usually get back at you in 1-2 business days. music@westone.com is their email address I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back