Westone 2 True-Fit IEM Appreciation & Impressions Thread...
Mar 9, 2010 at 7:16 AM Post #256 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by doyoulikebass? /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do these compare to the Westone 1's, because I'm thinking of getting and may need a portable amp too for my ipod, I suppose

I really don't think an amp does enough for an ipod to worth the hassle of logging it around. Not with the W3, W2 or Um3x and I doubt the W1 needs an amp either. It's minor improvement at best.

Mar 9, 2010 at 7:24 AM Post #257 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by doyoulikebass? /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do these compare to the Westone 1's, because I'm thinking of getting and may need a portable amp too for my ipod, I suppose

The W2 have better bass and treble extension and presence than W1, and sound better un-amped than the W1. I have a review link in my public profile "about me".

Mar 17, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #258 of 441
So I finally recieved these today. Is there any guide online how to actually get these things into your ears? One things for sure it's certainly not fit and forget like the cx300's! Going to give it a bit of time and practice but these may not be suitable for wearing at work sadly due to the time it takes to get them in
frown.gif

Oh quick thumbs up for great service by iheadphones.co.uk. Ordered late monday night got em today at work before lunch
smily_headphones1.gif
That just made the day go slower though !

Mar 17, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #259 of 441
confused_face_2.gif

you might be the first person that doesn't like their fit. They go over ear and once you get used to them you can put them in in your sleep. If you find the cord coming out from on top of your ear, try twisting the individual housing a bit so the cord is pointed towards your head.

Mar 17, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #260 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by playingwithfire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused_face_2.gif

you might be the first person that doesn't like their fit. They go over ear and once you get used to them you can put them in in your sleep. If you find the cord coming out from on top of your ear, try twisting the individual housing a bit so the cord is pointed towards your head.

I totally agree with you, westone IEM are extremely comfortable and have stellar build in quality

Mar 17, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #261 of 441
The initial fit was with the comply tips which didn't seem to go well. After I swopped them out it seemed to improve
smily_headphones1.gif
Guess its just getting used to after the more straightforward use of the cx300's.

Cheers

Mar 19, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #262 of 441
I got my Westone 2s a few days ago from The Gear Lab, but I haven't listened to them much yet. However, I will agree with previous posters that these are very balanced, very comfortable, and the build quality is outstanding. Glad I bought them
icon10.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #263 of 441

Mar 20, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #264 of 441
I really liked mine, I also have a pair of UM2 and feel the W2 are easier to listen to me and the sound is overall more enjoyable. However a couple of days ago the right piece started to produce a very subtle hissing sound, I tested them on the PC making just a tone at different frequencies and the flaw is obvious, specially at mids. I bought these of eBay, do you guys think Westone will warrant these? I take good care of my iems and these shouldn't happen, problem is: I bought them when I was in the US now I am in my country, Chile, so thats a long wait and $shipping if I have to send them back
frown.gif
. Damn.

Mar 22, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #265 of 441
Just ordered a pair from iHeadphones for £179. I used to own UM1's and loved them for their fit and balanced sound. Unfortunately one of the drivers went dead and I had to find a replacement. I decided to give IE8 a try, but even after almost 6 months I'm still waiting for the moment when they win me over. They are just too warm for my taste and have never fitted like the UM1's did.

I hadn't followed the market that much lately and when I heard about W2, I couldn't resist the temptation to come back to comfort zone called Westone. Now I really can't wait to get my hands on them.
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 22, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #266 of 441
Hehe ethan961, love the progression of each edit. I agree with what you said, these IEMs really are amazing.

My impressions might not mean much, as I'm coming only from two IEMs, and both of which are low tier (the Senn CX500 and Denon C551). And of course, its my ears, YMMV. I thought those had way too much bass that drowned the mids (and I consider myself a basshead, though how much of one I'm not so sure
tongue.gif
). I listen to a wide range of things; various orchestrated music, classic rock, blues, hip hop, pop.

With these, I find the bass perfect. Fairly punchy but still makes your head pound, goes pretty deep, and definitely a good quantity. Mids are just the slightest forward, I love the vocals. Highs are nice, not harsh. The frequency curve for these headphones would look like an almost flat v, they're very balanced.

Haven't run into any sibilance yet. These are really detailed, they pick up flaws in my recordings. Imaging is pretty good too. Like Spyro said, these really do well in everything, from sound to build. I think that if you're looking for an IEM that has, more or less, no faults, the W2 would be a very safe choice.

Mar 24, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #267 of 441
Want to Ask:
wink.gif

i listen all type of music (Jazz, Rock, Pop, Hip Hop, etc) and I'm not a bass headed kind of person..
if i have adequate funding, should i go for UM3x or W2 is enough?
thanks

Mar 24, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #269 of 441
Been a while since I've owned the Westone 2 now and my initial impressions was that I wanted more bass but I'm actually okay with what it presents right now. Sure it does not have the same bass authority of the UM3X but the soundstage depth and width of the W2 makes it much more relaxing for me to listen instead of everything being more narrow and closed in for the UM3X. I feel like this trade off was worth it. I really can't say much about what the W2 does wrong because it does a lot right for me to ignore the flaws.

Mar 24, 2010 at 11:20 AM Post #270 of 441

Users who are viewing this thread

Back