Westone 2 True-Fit IEM Appreciation & Impressions Thread...
Mar 24, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #271 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never found it to lack bass, so don't be alarmed if you like bass. This IEM has the perfect amount of bass, I would hate to have it have more IMO. This is coming from a guy with some really bassy phones
wink.gif

Yup, same here. Can't even believe I used to enjoy the bass of Denons and Senns
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #272 of 441
The W2 bass is certainly adequate but I prefer the way W3 does it.

With both on a "flat" or "off" bass EQ setting, the W2 is lacking a bit. It does need a slight bump IMHO but then it is fine. With the W3 bass EQ on "off" or "flat", it still displays this underlying "fullness" that is lacking in so many other IEM's. It's not necessarily bass but a fullness of sound that makes it sound more like a headphone than an IEM. So rich sounding...yet the articulation and speed is still present. THAT'S what makes W3 so unique.

Mar 24, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #273 of 441
I just received my W2's last week and I absolutely love the bass on them. I mainly use them with my Ibasso D4 and the bass is controlled, clear and not overpowering. That's what I love most about these iems, the accurate bass and the fact that whatever type of music I listen to on them sounds good

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #274 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are both equally good. W2 is more open sounding. UM3X more closed sounding but superior instrument separation.

UM3X also has better instrument texture, but if you need your music open UM3X is probably a bad bet

Mar 25, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #278 of 441
So I want to get some shure olive tips for these. Are Shure PA910 the ones that I am after? Also I take a medium in comply tips. Would medium be right for these?

Cheers.

Mar 25, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #279 of 441
Any reason for the olives over the complys? Olives would always fall off my Westones since there is no barb on the nozzle. I find complys much more user friendly and I actually think the regular P-series (considered the larger one) sound better than olives anyway. Just my $0.02

Mar 26, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #280 of 441
I use the thick, clear medium single flange. Fits perfect in my ears and provides good isolation. I would use complys but I may be selling it so I want to keep them new.

Mar 26, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #281 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any reason for the olives over the complys? Olives would always fall off my Westones since there is no barb on the nozzle. I find complys much more user friendly and I actually think the regular P-series (considered the larger one) sound better than olives anyway. Just my $0.02

For some reason I just can't get the complys to fit that were supplied with the westones (both sets) even though I had no problems with the type that go on the cx300's. Also makes me laugh, because I remember another thread where a user was complaining of the complys falling off!

Cheers

Mar 26, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #282 of 441
Just got mine yesterday and what a pleasant day it was.

First of all, the comfort. I mean I loved the UM1s for this reason, but these seem even more comfy. I just couldn't imagine anything better. Perfect 10.

Secondly, the sound was also a positive surprise. Coming from IE8s, I am missing some bass, but this was to be expected. This was actually exactly the same when I received the UM1s two years ago. It didn't take long before I got used to the their sound and with W2s it's probably gonna be even faster.

Other than the bass, I was very happy. One thing I always notice when moving up is the instrument separation. You somehow recognize each instrument better and better when the sound gets more detailed. Another thing was the crunchy guitars, which is pretty much the one thing I look for most in my headphones. Now I got it.

Some people say that W3s are more "fun", but I think I'll have plenty of fun with these.
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #284 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by numbskull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Folks, i am between W2 and W3. Comparing both, which one has better treble and soundstage?

W2, easily

Mar 28, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #285 of 441

Users who are viewing this thread

Back